PDA

View Full Version : Three Sunflowers

Amnesiac
January 18th, 2020, 09:17 PM
Acrylic on board canvas. 12x16"

Amnesiac
January 19th, 2020, 09:09 PM
(Just a slightly impressionistic/surrealist painting of three sunflowers in a vase, by Yours Truly.)

Firemajic
January 20th, 2020, 11:04 AM
I really like this painting! Bold and playful.... edging almost to the abstract ;) The blue background compliments the yellow sunflowers and makes them pop!

Amnesiac
January 20th, 2020, 05:23 PM
Thank you! I am a deep admirer of Van Gogh, and I love painting sunflowers, anyway. I didn't want to imitate him or paint a copy of something he'd done, so I kind of did my own take, one sunny autumn afternoon. :-)

Firemajic
January 20th, 2020, 05:39 PM
That is the only kind of paintings/ art that I am interested in... not a copy of someone else's work...but your work... I want to see your interpretation of sunflowers ;) and they are fabulous...

Amnesiac
January 20th, 2020, 06:08 PM
((HUG!)) Thank you so much! :-)

escorial
March 7th, 2020, 02:08 PM
imitation is the best form of admiration...it's not easy to like or dislike..the 4 points of intrest are the light and dark background with the subject slightly of centre but the bit that pulls it together is the shadow...a floor or table one decides but the shadow on the brown gives the painting it's depth..when one see's an area of a picture that brings the compersition together it's always a thrill and learning curve....

Irwin
March 7th, 2020, 05:33 PM
That's cool, Amnesiac! :)

Amnesiac
March 7th, 2020, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Irwin! Thank you so much, Escorial. I appreciate your knowledge and insight.