PDA

View Full Version : Consideration for Beta Readers

Trollheart
October 1st, 2019, 02:50 AM
Can I just ask those who request Beta Readers to check back and see if anyone has replied to their request, and if so, to please get back to them? I'm sure those of us who have or want to offer our services would prefer not to be messed around, and quite frankly it's impolite not to respond to those who want to help you. I speak from now personal experience, twice, one of which was a person who was complaining that nobody had answered his request. If this is the reaction, then I'm not surprised.

Just asking for a little consideration; treat us as you would want us to treat you. It's pretty much a decent maxim to live your life by.

J.T. Chris
October 2nd, 2019, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I would imagine someone asking a huge favor out of another writer volunteering their time would have some more tact. Good post for everyone to consider. Thanks Troll.

Trollheart
October 2nd, 2019, 08:21 PM
I've since learned that the person in question, whose unanswered request prompted me to make this thread, has good reason not to. Nevertheless, the point stands: if you're going to ask people to critique your work, and someone responds, have the decency and courtesy to get back to them. Hey, it's only polite.

Ralph Rotten
October 2nd, 2019, 10:41 PM
Truth!