PDA

View Full Version : Seeking beta readers 87,000 word Dark Fantasy

marosabooks
September 18th, 2019, 03:13 PM
TITLE The Rising
GENRE Dark Fantasy
WORD COUNT 87,000
BLURB: Do you long for the rich reads of authentic monster literature set in lush times and settings? I dare you to meet the prodigium. The monsters suck worse things than blood with a mindset more terrifying than a diabolical despot. For hundreds of years, witches and the prodigia clash in a secret war, unrealized by humans. But an untrained witch, Sarah, will tip the scales for one species. Will she help her sworn enemy and the former prodigium leader, Vasile clear battle lines to reclaim his throne? Or will she fulfill an ancient prophecy to become the first global coven leader and control both species? For any right to live, let alone assume power, she will contend with her own backbiting kind. Sarah and Vasile will face impossible choices to save the ones they love, convert the course of war, and experience blowback endured by leaders.
EXPECTATIONS:Complete a small questionnaire on: underdeveloped scenes, extraneous areas or dialogue, confusing areas, missing information or character details, over all feeling form reading the book.
TIMESCALE: 3 month or sooner
AVAILABLE FORMATS: PDF, Epub, Mobi
OTHER INFORMATION: This book melds dark fantasy and monster literature with touches of horror. There is suggestive language and a few curse words but it does have gore (but not for the sake of it). Book one in a 4 part series.

If you have questions do not hesitate to ask! Cheers!
Michele

Trollheart
September 22nd, 2019, 12:03 PM
Not sure if I can do it inside a month, but I'd be willing to have a go. MOBI would be best for me, then I can read it on my Kindle.
Thanks
TH

Trollheart
September 29th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Okay, I don't want to be nasty, but it's been a week and I've had no contact from the OP. I'm very busy and I'm willing to give my time, but not if the person requesting that time is not going to bother responding. So, OP, you have till Monday midnight to reply to me. Otherwise I withdraw my offer. I can't wait around forever and I have far too much to do to entertain your request if there's no effort on your part.

Aquilo
September 29th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Trollheart -- thank you for offering to beta! Beta's are gold dust.

Trollheart
October 1st, 2019, 01:39 AM
Yeah but this one's run out sadly. I'm afraid I don't have much respect for someone who asks for help and then ignores those who offer it. So that offer's expired. Pity, but I can't be hanging around forever, as the criminal said to Pierrepoint...

velo
October 1st, 2019, 02:56 PM
I would offer that not everyone is online every day. Our schedules can be very different in the real world.