PDA

View Full Version : A New Era

Gumby
August 28th, 2019, 05:16 PM
This site has gone through several owners over the years, each one building on those who came before them, each one trying new things, with the end goal being to move the craft of writing forward in our own small way.

It has been my pleasure to personally know three of these past owners Chrispian, Rob and Cran.
It has been my honor to actually work with, and learn from, two of the great owners of the past, both Rob (Baron) and Cran. I am grateful and humbled to be a co-bearer of the WF baton that has been passed down.

With that, I am so happy and proud to announce that all is well with the world again and everything once more makes sense to me. :smile: PiP has now come home to roost!

After a personal hiatus (which was way too long for me) I asked (translation: begged) if she was ready to step back into her role as co-owner of WF and she has agreed! Some would say that she never left. You see, she has green blood in her veins and that just doesn't go away (thankfully).

Darren White
August 28th, 2019, 06:30 PM
I am very happy to have both you and Carole as owners, and fellow admins, we make a great team!
It's a pleasure to work with the both of you.

Rojack79
August 28th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Wow hard to believe it's been that long since i've been here. Great to have you back Pip and glad to have all of you here once more.

Aquilo
August 28th, 2019, 11:26 PM
Woo-hoo!! Pip's awesome!

Raises all around, right!?

Just saying, like, lol. ;) Gotta try these things....

Ralph Rotten
August 28th, 2019, 11:30 PM
And all this time I thought the sequence of events was:
1) The big bang
2) Humanity learned to scribble entertaining words
3) Pip created WritingForums. (ca 2236BC)

:hi:

Thomas Norman
August 29th, 2019, 10:42 AM
As a recent arrival I had no notion that things had been on hold. Pip greeted me warmly when I joined and sorted a small problem I had with using the site. So I am overjoyed to hear that all is right with the world and especially WF. Thank you for this wonderful site and all who sail in her! My hearty best wishes for the future, I look forward to many years of WF pleasure.

Thomas.

SueC
August 29th, 2019, 03:06 PM
Carole, you are awesome, and on the rare times I couldn't find you amidst the comments and whatnot, you were missed. So glad you are back in the seat again. Looking forward to seeing your lovely bee on flower all over the place, as it should be. Great news!

escorial
August 29th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Onwards and upwards...

Pluralized
August 31st, 2019, 02:03 PM
Glad this site has continued. Thanks to all involved for keeping it going...

thefloridapoet
September 1st, 2019, 08:14 PM
Oh My Goodness, and I had no idea WF was off kilter! oh, dear! Pip always seems to be there for me, as are everyone, but then I am a hermit, and get terribly busy doing nothing.... been off flying in airplanes up and down the Eastern seaboard of the continent, chasing butterflies in Upstate New York, playing with siblings, cousins and sipping wine, eating way too many carbs, fussing about a pesky thyroid bouncing out of control, noisy neighbors, impending doom from God above and me having to find repentance in my Torah for the month of Elul and the High Holy days coming up..... all that and wanting to find my way around my writer's notebook..... did I mention I do try to wrack the brain now and again to see what falls out? oh, and my blog website is dangerously out of date, I'm behind on Facebook, my bills are running amok and the cat is out of the bag, my dog is missing her new friend Roo, she wants to know when can she go see Izzy, Sisterhood is having a matchbook re-thread thingy next Tuesday night, could I bring cookies, Dora is whistling Dixie next door and threatening to blow down the hatches!