PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Beta readers for Ming the Merciless

Ralph Rotten
July 26th, 2019, 02:00 PM
I just completed a fun little novela based on the classic villain Ming the Merciless (from the old Flash Gordon series of the 30s).
This is intended to be a funny, campy, pulpy story that makes fun of itself. At only 52k words it is just a short little thang.
Beta readers get a 1st edition copy of the book once it is published.*

Genre: Humorous sci-fi
Word count: 52K
Expectations: I am looking for broad-strokes and overall impressions (not proofreading.)
Timescale: I am looking for a 1-2 month turnaround. (NLT Sep 30th.)
Format: I can send the beta in either MSWord format, or PDF.

About the story:

A long time ago, in a comic book, far, far away…
In a universe where Ming the Merciless has ruled the galaxy as a dictator for over 50 years, ace reporter Polly Purehart lands the assignment of her career; the chance to be biographer to the most ruthless villain in the galaxy! But things go awry in this hybrid story where 1930’s Flash Gordon movies collide with modern culture. In a wild mash-up of genres, this extra-pulpy tale will make you laugh out loud at the story you thought you knew.
This story is fun, it’s fast, and it has more laughs than a season of The Big Bang.

If you are interested, DM me with an email address and country you are in.*

*Beta 1st edition copies are drop shipped directly from Amazon, so it helps to know what nation it is going to. So far as I know, there should be no problem shipping to the US, Canada, UK, or AUS.

velo
July 26th, 2019, 02:18 PM
I'd be interested. I'm a pretty tough room with comedy, though, so if that's not what you're looking for no worries. :)

Ralph Rotten
July 26th, 2019, 03:43 PM
No; blunt is better. I need to hear the unvarnished truth.

velo
July 26th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Blunt I can do.