PDA

View Full Version : collage' sans title

SilverMoon
April 12th, 2019, 11:28 PM
This is an interperative work. A title would be a spoiler. Any thoughts or general comments welcomed. Sometimes works as such have served as visual promts for poems before. Anythiing goes. in a constructive manner.

I created this last year. It is a very personal portrait/scene. Who can say which female is the protagonist? I posed for this piece. Wish the Pug were mine But alas, he's just a clipped image.

https://www.writingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23604&thumb=1&d=1555106224

Olly Buckle
April 13th, 2019, 12:09 AM
I rather like the picture, I feel the image probably does not do it justice, how big is the original? 'Sans title' , because you use a French word, becomes a title in a way, isn't 'Untitled' more usual in such circumstances?

midnightpoet
April 13th, 2019, 12:14 AM
The fall of the House of Usher but it's been used. Those white things in the lower left remind me of skulls, but I'm rather morbid. No wonder i like Poe. is the lady in the red skirt your daughter maybe, and the concerned look on your face tells me she's chosen badly, running from a house of ruin. Sometimes I worry about myself. :welcome:

SilverMoon
April 13th, 2019, 04:24 AM
I rather like the picture, I feel the image probably does not do it justice, how big is the original? 'Sans title' , because you use a French word, becomes a title in a way, isn't 'Untitled' more usual in such circumstances?

Olly, I work small scale. I have sold a few of my pieces viewed in portfolio then enlarged on canvass to client's specifications. I suppose you're right about the title. Even better if I knew the French word for "title". Might use for another piece in the future. Glad you liked it!

The fall of the House of Usher but it's been used. Those white things in the lower left remind me of skulls, but I'm rather morbid. No wonder i like Poe. is the lady in the red skirt your daughter maybe, and the concerned look on your face tells me she's chosen badly, running from a house of ruin. Sometimes I worry about myself. :welcome:

Tony, I always worry about myself LOL!

This piece is ment to be morbid, haunting just like a bad dream. Sooo interesting that you see sculls to the lower right. What you are seeing is the sleeve of a "Houndstooth" (a pattern) wool jacket.

Putting this piece together was like wrting one of my Confessional poems though with a Exacto-kife instead of a pen. It slowly fell into place like "Writing by the Headlights".

The girl is not my daughter but myself as a young teen. Notice that the house is collapsed. This represents a dysfuntional home life. The path she's taking eventually becomes comprised of diamonds. This represents a bright future. She is taking the journey to her future self. She has no idea of who she will become but knows she will not be the forelorn girl she was before stepping outside that door.

Here comes the Surrealism, the dream: Her sophisticated future self (or higher self) is awaiting her. Notice the concern on her face, the sadness. Will the girl make it to her? Will she be able to embrace, solace, mend that worn part of self? The girl in her that had to run away? I liked the notion of the future having such an impossible vista of the past.

TONY maybe, and the concerned look on your face tells me she's chosen badly, running from a house of ruin. In a way. She's not necessarily made a bad choice. But one that could possibly be dangerous, so young and out on her own. So, yes - the cause of concern.

The dog? Just looked good with the coat - lol

Thank you fellas. Was worried this might have been passed over because it's pretty much on the spooky side.

Olly Buckle
April 13th, 2019, 06:36 AM
Sans titre, c'est intitulé, 'Without title, it is untitled'. My French is very ungrammatical, but that is short enough I think it is okay.

BlondeAverageReader
April 13th, 2019, 08:00 AM
This is an interperative work. A title would be a spoiler. Any thoughts or general comments welcomed. Sometimes works as such have served as visual promts for poems before. Anythiing goes. in a constructive manner.

I created this last year. It is a very personal portrait/scene. Who can say which female is the protagonist? I posed for this piece. Wish the Pug were mine But alas, he's just a clipped image.

https://www.writingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23604&thumb=1&d=1555106224

So much detail, a feeling of sadness or lose.
l see you looking back in time at your younger self walking away from the wreckage of your then life.
The sweet little dog is a French Bulldog, not a Pug.

SilverMoon
April 13th, 2019, 05:29 PM
https://www.writingforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Olly Bucklehttps://www.writingforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.writingforums.com/showthread.php?p=2214763#post2214763)Sans titre, c'est intitulé, 'Without title, it is untitled'. My French is very ungrammatical, but that is short enough I think it is okay.
Sounds fine to me. Thanks, Olly

SilverMoon
April 13th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Double post - again. Contacting tech.

Bard_Daniel
April 15th, 2019, 05:24 PM
There is so much that is great about this collage, detail that speaks wonders in symbolism and imagery.

A great creation! Well done! :D

SilverMoon
April 16th, 2019, 02:46 AM
Thanks, Bard. Glad it resonated with you. And...welcome to Writing Forum! S~