PDA

View Full Version : Tree of Life Mosaic

PiP
September 29th, 2018, 12:24 AM
Finished at last!

Gumby
September 29th, 2018, 02:41 AM
Wow! I love that, it is awesome, Carole! Stunning in fact. :)

LeeC
September 29th, 2018, 06:32 AM
A nicely done very interesting piece. I bet you save it for your own home :-)

Darren White
September 29th, 2018, 07:49 AM
It's absolutely fantastic, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Carole.

PiP
September 29th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Thank you :) This piece is already hanging on the wall opposite a window so the light reflects the colours.

Theglasshouse
September 29th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Who needs art from the past masters of art? When you can make your own work of art? I see art as a passion. It's elusive and takes a lot of patience. It looks like they mentored you well. I can see why it appeals to me since I am opinionated when the environment could determine the fates of people in our lifetime. You did a good job at painting something personal. Art, when painted, speaks and says a lot about the person who made it. I could be right even though it was an assignment. My mom always wanted me to paint but I was lazy I admit. I have no skills. But imagine how art can be a blessing in disguise to someone who wants or needs home decorations.

PiP
September 29th, 2018, 06:27 PM
You did a good job at painting something personal. Art, when painted, speaks and says a lot about the person who made it. I could be right even though it was an assignment. My mom always wanted me to paint but I was lazy I admit. I have no skills. But imagine how art can be a blessing in disguise to someone who wants or needs home decorations.

You do realise this is not a painting? The tree was created fro 100s of pieces of stained glass. Only the sky is painted to add another dimension

Robbie
September 29th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Gorgeous! Is it for sale?

Robbie
September 29th, 2018, 08:17 PM
I haven’t read all the responses but didn’t know it was an assignment. We usually do our best on assignments. I adore this piece of art....Carole is an excellent artist.

Robbie
September 29th, 2018, 08:19 PM
We have current masters, do we not?

PiP
September 29th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Gorgeous! Is it for sale?

No, not for sale. Too much of 'me' went into this piece during a difficult period of my life. :(

Theglasshouse
September 29th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Regardless pip if I misunderstood my point still stands. Art is a form of expression. I admit I did not read the opening post. But the title of the thread and the art piece caught my attention. I know art has many shapes and forms, it's human activity after all. We need to express an urge. I am sorry if I offended. I did not know you had reminisced a difficult time. My apologies.