PDA

View Full Version : Ima Chicken...

Firemajic
August 8th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Watercolor with colored pencil...

Gumby
August 8th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Love this, Juls! He looks like my rooster, Sergeant Peeper. :)

Firemajic
August 8th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Sergeant Peeper! O! yeah, I get it ;).. love it! Thanks for your kind words...

Robbie
August 9th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Well done Fire. Love it Reminds me of corn flakes. :D It was Gumby made me think of it though. Good morning!

TuesdayEve
August 9th, 2018, 02:05 AM
He’s got that look in his eye...I knew a Rhode Island
Red once, big red feathered cock, mean, territorial,
wouldn’t allow anyone around the hens. He’d jump up
and strike with those big leg spurs...when you’re in
shorts they hurt!
But....he was quite beautiful like this guy.

bobo
August 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Hola :-)
Like the second one best, where he's not yet so heavy ... in looks and bib - lolol

Firemajic
August 9th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Well done Fire. Love it Reminds me of corn flakes. :D It was Gumby made me think of it though. Good morning!

LOL... yeah ;) Thank you, I appreciate your comments...

He’s got that look in his eye...I knew a Rhode Island
Red once, big red feathered cock, mean, territorial,
wouldn’t allow anyone around the hens. He’d jump up
and strike with those big leg spurs...when you’re in
shorts they hurt!
But....he was quite beautiful like this guy.

Oh yeah, they can be aggressive... maybe that is where "cock of the walk" or "cocky" comes from.... ;) Thanks for your comments...

Hola :-)
Like the second one best, where he's not yet so heavy ... in looks and bib - lolol

You almost always like the unfinished paintings... but .. then, I never know when a painting IS finished... ;) Thank you, Dear bobo...

bobo
August 10th, 2018, 07:37 AM
You almost always like the unfinished paintings... but .. then, I never know when a painting IS finished... ;) Thank you, Dear bobo...

I'm sorry dear,
But the lighter a pic is, the more appealing it normally appears to most people :-)
May be you're thinking more about elaborating it to the LIKING, and not as much on how it APPEARS to an onlooker ??
But we, the onlookers haven't seen your motif, hence don't know whether it's right or wrong in that aspect.
Just want an appealing pic :-)

:peach::love_heart::teapot:

ParadoxBrother
August 11th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Very beautiful work! I, love the natural color palette you chose, and your brush strokes are very smooth and confident. There's a nice balance of light and dark, and the texture is very gentle. One thing I've done before with watercolor in the past is to use a thin black ink pen to add small textures and details you can't get with a brush, it can really make certain areas pop. I always have an appreciation for watercolor, and I love to see the things that people can accomplish with it. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more of your works in the future, this looks really nice!