PDA

View Full Version : Adonias Low - Betas required

Dave Watson
June 6th, 2018, 07:53 PM
TITLE - Adonias Low / The Low Man

GENRE - Western / Horror (see other info)

WORD COUNT - 103k

BLURB -

Murder. Robbery. Kidnapping. Incest.

Welcome to Napa Valley, California, 1891
To lawmen and bad men alike, The Low Man is a ghost story. The most feared bounty hunter to ever walk the territories. An Indian shapeshifter, renegade Pinkerton detective, Bible quoting son of a mad preacher. No one knows for sure. Hes a spectre outlaws scare each other with around campfires.

Adonias Lowe lives in the highlands of Napa Valley with his children, scratching a hard living as a farmer and occasional wagon guard. When a wealthy gin baron hires him to see a valuable shipment safely to San Francisco, the opportunity comes just in time to keep Adonias's family afloat.

But when the job turns into a massacre and his daughter is abducted by a deviant killer, Adonias is forced into a mission of mercy and vengeance. A reckoning that will awaken a darkness hes tried to bury.

As the corpses mount up, a dying sheriff tries to make sense of the madness, scalphunters saddle up and ride for blood, fame and riches, and the local Wailaki are coming down from the hills, singing war songs of the Lost White Brother.

Welcome to Napa Valley, California. Where fruit grows thick on the vine and blood runs deep.

AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION - Fans of thrillers and twsited western stories, Joe R Lansdale afficionados, for example.

EXPECTATIONS - Just looking for general feedback about pacing, style, general readability and whether the plot makes sense, particularly if the supernatural elements fit or not.

TIMESCALE - 1 or 2 months

AVAILABLE FORMATS - Word, PDF, mobi

OTHER INFORMATION - This is essentially a western, but there are elements of the supernatural at play, with a bit of a crime writing style going on.

tinacrabapple
June 15th, 2018, 07:24 PM
I can read if you want.

ArrowInTheBowOfTheLord
June 20th, 2018, 07:30 AM
If it's not too late, I'd really like to read this. I have a lot of extra time this summer. Through what format do you want to send the manuscript and receive feedback?

MrDark
July 24th, 2018, 08:00 PM
I would love to read this and help you if you're still looking for people.

Darren White
September 4th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Dave, can you please update us here if you have found beta-readers? if the two people above are indeed reading your novel?

Ralph Rotten
September 4th, 2018, 11:34 PM
I'd be willing to beta read it, but not on the page. It's hard for me to objectively read stuff the way the forum engine strips off the formatting, y'know?
It especially bugs me not having indents for the paragraphs...anyhow, could I get like a PDF, ebook, just something that'll have formatting.

Ralph Rotten
September 4th, 2018, 11:36 PM
PS: I read one writer's stuff, and at the end of his books he has a link for beta readers to sign up. I put a link to review the book there, myself.

ericdis
September 6th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Are you still looking for beta readers?

Darren White
September 6th, 2018, 07:49 AM
I'd be willing to beta read it, but not on the page. It's hard for me to objectively read stuff the way the forum engine strips off the formatting, y'know?
It especially bugs me not having indents for the paragraphs...anyhow, could I get like a PDF, ebook, just something that'll have formatting.

The idea of this forum is that you ask for a specific format, and exchange details of sending and receiving via PM.

From the Beta Reader readme:

Accepting a Beta Reader Request
Please ensure you only respond to Beta Reader Requests via the forum section and in the open, unless you are providing personal details to the writer for delivery of the MSS (book) . If you do not wish to pass on personal details, request that the MSS (book) is made available for download.

Dave Watson
September 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Hey folks. Yep, all beta readers assembled and feedback received. Sorry, I need to set up my alerts so I know when someone posts on my threads!

Darren White
September 6th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Thanks Dave. If you leave a note on the forum that you found a beta reader, potential other writers and readers know that this forum is working.
If no one follows up on threads, it is seemingly a dead forum, while the opposite is true :)

Ralph Rotten
September 6th, 2018, 03:42 PM
The idea of this forum is that you ask for a specific format, and exchange details of sending and receiving via PM.

From the Beta Reader readme:

Uh...okay.

Dave; Whenever you are ready for the book to be beta-read, send me a PDF copy to [email protected]

marosabooks
September 14th, 2019, 04:44 AM
Yes and YES! You said western and horror in the same line. *faints* You can send me a message or email at administrator (@) marosabooks (dot) net I write dark fantasy/horror and overjoyed to read something not YA.

Darren White
September 14th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Hey folks. Yep, all beta readers assembled and feedback received. Sorry, I need to set up my alerts so I know when someone posts on my threads!

Yes and YES! You said western and horror in the same line. *faints* You can send me a message or email at administrator (@) marosabooks (dot) net I write dark fantasy/horror and overjoyed to read something not YA.

Although I do not mind reviving old threads, This one is over a year old, the writer said it was all good and done :) But keep your eyes open, I bet some other very interesting book needs readers soon!

I will close the thread since he doesn't need beta readers anymore for this book.