The money you did quickly snatch,
You took off in a flash.

This seventh day I left no jack,
I’m sure you get the gist,
You ranted, raved, and plain went wack,
You cursed and shook your fist.

Firemajic
August 16th, 2018, 01:06 AM
I don't know why this did not get the comments it deserves... I loveIT! Amid your slick rhyme and upbeat mood, lies a dark jewel of truth and deep understanding of the nature of this one sided relationship... well done!

Plasticweld
August 16th, 2018, 02:05 AM
I don't know why this did not get the comments it deserves... I loveIT! Amid your slick rhyme and upbeat mood, lies a dark jewel of truth and deep understanding of the nature of this one sided relationship... well done!

In the real world we are scared of people who talk rhymes. They only make make perfect sense to those who dabble in such cryptic forms of communication.

When I see a poet on the street I quickly switch sides of the street. If one corners me, when they talk, I smile and pretend to understand. I quickly walk away thankful they did not ask for any spare change. I am sure some unfortunate circumstances in life led them to becoming poets. I often look back and say to myself, "There but through the grace of God, go I."

I will only add that Underdog is under appreciated. :}

Firemajic
August 16th, 2018, 02:44 AM
In the real world we are scared of people who talk rhymes. They only make make perfect sense to those who dabble in such cryptic forms of communication.

When I see a poet on the street I quickly switch sides of the street. If one corners me, when they talk, I smile and pretend to understand. I quickly walk away thankful they did not ask for any spare change. I am sure some unfortunate circumstances in life led them to becoming poets. I often look back and say to myself, "There but through the grace of God, go I."

:highly_amused:
.........I think God appreciates poets....

Underd0g
August 16th, 2018, 03:16 PM

Good, then you don't think I should have been chastised. Thanks, I've always liked this poem and was sad it didn't get any responses. I like your take on it.

Ya know? Maybe that's what I am. I'm a rhymist. I think I'll start to embrace it. It would be nice to have humorist thrown in there too but that can wait. I'm gonna rhyme.

I have never seen a street poet, but it's good to know I have a career ahead of me.

This just needed to be stated again.