PDA

View Full Version : Something Different

Firemajic
May 7th, 2018, 07:34 PM
I was playing with my gel ink pens when I did this bird... the first pic is just gel pens... the second pic is after I took a wet paint brush to the ink and let it bleed... I am not sure, but it does remind me of watercolors...

The bee is actually a tattoo ....

tinacrabapple
May 8th, 2018, 02:23 AM
Love the bee! That would be a fantastic tattoo.

escorial
May 9th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Could be top dollar tattoo art

Firemajic
May 9th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Still playing with new ideas... I made a finished drawing, had my Brother make several black and white copies of it, on heavy art paper... then I took one of the copies and gave it a watercolor wash... then added detail in colored pencil.... my next step is going to be to copy my painted copy... and add MORE watercolor... hahaaa.... I need to get a life.. right?

LeeC
May 10th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Creativity is imagination running wild :-) Don't knock it, it's the spice of life :-)

SilverMoon
May 10th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Oirginally Posted by FiremajicI was playing with my gel ink pens when I did this bird... the first pic is just gel pens... the second pic is after I took a wet paint brush to the ink and let it bleed... I am not sure, but it does remind me of watercolors...

https://www.writingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21712&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1525717736

This is one brilliant piece especially that you worked with a new media. I can see so much growth in your work

TuesdayEve
May 11th, 2018, 08:33 PM
These are beautiful.. how did you blend/smear/lighten
the colors on the feathers? Because they really do look
like water color, very nice.

TuesdayEve
May 11th, 2018, 08:34 PM
The wasp almost looks machanical...a bot wasp

Firemajic
May 14th, 2018, 03:20 PM
These are beautiful.. how did you blend/smear/lighten
the colors on the feathers? Because they really do look
like water color, very nice.

I used those cheap gel pens, from the Dollar Store... after inking in my drawing, I used a clean wet brush, and gently went over the inked drawing... the ink started to bleed into the damp paper... but if you try this, practice making some scribbles on paper, then use the damp brush to see how much water you need...

H.Brown
May 14th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Still playing with new ideas... I made a finished drawing, had my Brother make several black and white copies of it, on heavy art paper... then I took one of the copies and gave it a watercolor wash... then added detail in colored pencil.... my next step is going to be to copy my painted copy... and add MORE watercolor... hahaaa.... I need to get a life.. right?
I need a love it button on her Fire, as I love these drawings of wasps they are amazing. :D

Firemajic
May 14th, 2018, 03:33 PM
A light wash of watercolor over a finished graphite drawing...

TuesdayEve
May 15th, 2018, 09:21 PM
It’s funny you should say that H. because I said those
exact words when looking at Fire’s lizards. It’s true we
need a luuuu-vvv button.

Firemajic
June 5th, 2018, 12:40 AM
Layers and layers of watercolor and colored pencil give this Flamingo her bold, vibrant plumage... I blended everything at last with many layers of white colored pencil... I am not sure if she is finished...

TuesdayEve
June 5th, 2018, 03:43 AM
Each one is a finished piece in it’s own right.
I really enjoy seeing the proccess of each stage.
They’re all beautiful... I think the extra black is an
eye appealing contrast to the reds and oranges
and lovely schoolbus yellows.

Firemajic
June 5th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Thank you so much, Tuesday... it is always a pleasure to read your comments...

Here is a watercolor of a blue Parakeet... I had to use a lot of restraint to not use every color I have.. lol... his beak does not look right, but I had it all over his face.... I will have to keep trying...

Firemajic
June 6th, 2018, 04:48 PM
To achieve this stained glass look, I used homemade alcohol ink...
To make them, I bought Sharpie permanent markers, took the guts out, clipped the plastic around the cartridge and put each color in a separate small container and added 91 percent rubbing alcohol... let them soak for a few hours... all info can be found on Pintrest..

I used the ink like watercolors, applying with a brush, to blend the colors, I used an eyedropper filled with 91 percent alcohol, and dripped it onto my ink work causing the color to bloom..

These inks can be used to paint glass and metal.... and ceramic tiles...