PDA

View Full Version : Digital Concept - No1

Monaque
January 1st, 2018, 12:01 PM
Hi all.
This is part of a series of works I have created digitally. They are just conceptual ideas really, a way of allowing me to let ideas float freely, no barriers or boundaries. They started out as trees growing from rocks of various shapes and sizes, and have grown (forgive the pun) from there.
This one is called Fruit Of The Rock Tree.

http://chrisblight.net/images/Fruit-of-the-Rock-Tree.jpg

Thanks for looking and more to come.
Monaque.

escorial
January 1st, 2018, 12:08 PM
orange and black works so well here to give depth and structure..cool

Monaque
January 1st, 2018, 12:27 PM
Thanks Escorial. It was supposed to be a very dark blue. I forgot to mention that part of the premise of the work was that it be painted in a complementary colour scheme. Blue and orange are compliments of each other. As it transpired my blue was so dark that it looked like black. I did change it slightly but it still looks pretty much like black. Later images have changed the orange to include hues and the works have become much more layered. But more of that later.

escorial
January 1st, 2018, 01:39 PM
all reproduced images just never come up to clarity until you look at the original...to stand infront of a work of art brings an emotional response you just don't get from a photograph but the colours,texture and size can be the biggest shock of all..sometimes it feels like a completely different painting after looking at many reproductions...i would have thought digital art was a better way of replicating an image closer to the original but there you go....cheers

Monaque
January 1st, 2018, 01:47 PM
all reproduced images just never come up to clarity until you look at the original...to stand infront of a work of art brings an emotional response you just don't get from a photograph but the colours,texture and size can be the biggest shock of all..sometimes it feels like a completely different painting after looking at many reproductions...i would have thought digital art was a better way of replicating an image closer to the original but there you go....cheers
I`m not sure I understand what you mean, Escorial - "digital art a better way of replicating an image"? And reproduced images isn`t a term I understand either. Can you explain?
Unless you mean the difference between what you`ve created and what you see on the screen. Of course what I see is the same, but things will differ for other viewers, with different screens.

escorial
January 1st, 2018, 01:55 PM
looking at a painting of van gogh sunflowers from many sources is a poor substitute to actually standing infront of the painting at the national gallery but digital art seems to me like an image that is created on a screen and the reproducing of the image from one screen to another digitally i thought would be very close to the original concept....when i go the bluecoat gallery there are often video and digital instalations and i think am i looking at the original or is this same work of art being showed somewhere else in the same format..

Monaque
January 1st, 2018, 02:05 PM
looking at a painting of van gogh sunflowers from many sources is a poor substitute to actually standing infront of the painting at the national gallery but digital art seems to me like an image that is created on a screen and the reproducing of the image from one screen to another digitally i thought would be very close to the original concept....when i go the bluecoat gallery there are often video and digital instalations and i think am i looking at the original or is this same work of art being showed somewhere else in the same format..
This is true, digital works don`t suffer as much from that as real works. Still there are differences, screens can show small differences that could alter things, especially on works that have a limited palette.