PDA

View Full Version : "Sabine" Media (collage' cut art)

SilverMoon
October 26th, 2017, 12:32 AM

Nellie
October 26th, 2017, 03:39 AM
This is one intriguing lady. She looks intimidating but enticing. Very interesting. Who is she?

BlondeAverageReader
October 26th, 2017, 08:12 AM

Silver l love this, the monochrome background really makes her beautiful face and red clothing stand out. So simple and unfussy looking but stunning.

SilverMoon
October 26th, 2017, 07:02 PM
https://www.writingforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by NellieThis is one intriguing lady. She looks intimidating but enticing. Very interesting. Who is she?

Thank, Nellie. I like to think of her as a mystery. All of the work here is gotten from magazines then clipped and placed. I was "intrigued" by her face which I found to be reminiscent of a woman in a Renissance painting.

Silver l love this, the monochrome background really makes her beautiful face and red clothing stand out. So simple and unfussy looking but stunning.

So Glad. I'm going to hold onto that word "stunning". Thank you! I did think the grey and burgundy would be a good match. I really had to restrain myself from going "busy"

Here's a close up where you can see the silver statue which constitutes her headdress. And the metallic peach sliver of paper above her eyebrow. Since, it's a rather simple composition I enjoyed sneaking these in.

Original is 11X11" and is in black frame. 1/2 " space between glass and backing.

https://www.writingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19899&d=1508974321

Terry D
October 26th, 2017, 09:56 PM
The angle of the frame really gives the image a sense of depth. The sharp edges and hard surfaces contrast well with the woman's soft features.

SilverMoon
October 27th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Thank you, Terry. I was initially looking for a wider frame then when I came across this one I realized a chunky frame would compete too much with her face. I fooled around with the angles till I was happy with this one. You've got an astute eye (and the other one, too!)