PDA

View Full Version : Sun of a gun!

Terry D
August 13th, 2017, 09:30 PM
I used a solar filter to get some practice shots in preparation for next week's solar eclipse. The filter only allows white light to pass through, so the view is in black and white like the first photo. I used software to add some color to the other shots purely for looks. In the cropped photo you can see a small sunspot at the lower right. Small as in about 1/2 Earth diameter.

19216 19218 19217

Sebald
August 14th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Beautiful.

Firemajic
August 16th, 2017, 04:26 PM
:sunny:...:moon:....Monday!!! Monday is eclipse time, and I am excited to see your photos... I know they will be utterly stunning... take a bunch! please??? :tickled_pink:

Terry D
August 16th, 2017, 05:09 PM
:sunny:...:moon:....Monday!!! Monday is eclipse time, and I am excited to see your photos... I know they will be utterly stunning... take a bunch! please??? :tickled_pink:

I'll have two cameras set up, Fire, and I'll be taking many, many photos. Hopefully a few of them will come out well. Now to keep the clouds away...

Firemajic
August 16th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I'll have two cameras set up, Fire, and I'll be taking many, many photos. Hopefully a few of them will come out well. Now to keep the clouds away...

This is sooo exciting! I wish I could be there, with you... and see the entire process... SQUEEEEeek..... I am quite envious....

Terry D
August 16th, 2017, 05:26 PM
It should be an interesting trip. I've picked a spot in central Missouri, about 3 and 1/2 hours from where I live in Iowa, where I think the crowds might be minimal. There was no way to get a room anywhere, so I'll be sleeping in my car Sunday night. I still don't know what to expect crowd-wise, but all I need is a place to park and a small piece of ground to set up my cameras. I plan to spend much of Tuesday processing photos. Look for the results on Wednesday.

Firemajic
August 17th, 2017, 01:02 AM
OOoo, I did not realize you had to travel that far, to get a good view... hummm.... I need to google the event, I assumed everyone would have about the same view....:(