PDA

View Full Version : Sunflowers and tree frog

Terry D
July 31st, 2017, 01:58 PM
Soaking up some late afternoon sunshine.

19012 19013 19014 19015 19016

Firemajic
August 1st, 2017, 01:39 PM
Hello Terry... I want to share something with you, I hope you don't mind ...
well, yesterday was the anniversary of my mother's death, and needless to say it is a hard day to endure, she was killed in a terrible wreck... ok... so, yesterday morning, I go out on my balcony with my coffee, and am sitting there, looking over the valley, thinking about my mom and I caught the scent of sunflowers... sunflowers are special to me, because they remind me of my mom, I wrote a poem about sunflowers earlier this year... well then I log on to WF and saw your gorgeous photos and I felt ... well... somehow... comforted... well I know all this sounds strange and I have probably bored you to tears with my nattering, but I guess I am trying to say "Thank you"...

Sunflower Memories

I loved the way you responded to the sun
tilting your beautiful face, eyes closed
standing silent as if you were receiving a benediction
from the sky

Secretly I thought of you as a sunflower
burnished copper skin, no nonsense beauty
sturdy strong stem deeply rooted to the earth
eyes following the path of the sun

Every spring I buy a packet of seeds
and plant them in memory of you...

I wrote this 4/3/17 for NaPoWriMo

Terry D
August 1st, 2017, 02:06 PM
Hello Terry... I want to share something with you, I hope you don't mind ...
well, yesterday was the anniversary of my mother's death, and needless to say it is a hard day to endure, she was killed in a terrible wreck... ok... so, yesterday morning, I go out on my balcony with my coffee, and am sitting there, looking over the valley, thinking about my mom and I caught the scent of sunflowers... sunflowers are special to me, because they remind me of my mom, I wrote a poem about sunflowers earlier this year... well then I log on to WF and saw your gorgeous photos and I felt ... well... somehow... comforted... well I know all this sounds strange and I have probably bored you to tears with my nattering, but I guess I am trying to say "Thank you"...

Sunflower Memories

I loved the way you responded to the sun
tilting your beautiful face, eyes closed
standing silent as if you were receiving a benediction
from the sky

Secretly I thought of you as a sunflower
burnished copper skin, no nonsense beauty
sturdy strong stem deeply rooted to the earth
eyes following the path of the sun

Every spring I buy a packet of seeds
and plant them in memory of you...

I wrote this 4/3/17 for NaPoWriMo

What a wonderful poem, Fire. I know how those anniversaries can fill us with terrible, sweet memories. I'm glad my photos gave you some comfort. Isn't it amazing how the little things we do on-line can have such a powerful effect in the real world? And here we are thinking we're so separate.

Firemajic
August 1st, 2017, 02:14 PM
Exactly... we never know how our action and words can impact someone... people are always watching and listening... and hopefully they will be inspired, comforted and feel less alone... like I did yesterday after seeing your stunning photos... it felt like we shared the same memory... anyway... thank you so much, you made a terrible day so much better... ;)