PDA

View Full Version : Faces and photos boxes

Terry D
June 25th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Cryptic enough?

Here's some shots from this afternoon. First the faces....

18633 18634 18635 18636 18637 18638 18639

Now the photo boxes....

18640 18641 18642 18643 18644

Sebald
June 25th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Great photos.

Firemajic
June 26th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Love... LOOOVE Gargoyles!!! They absolutely enchant me... I even wrote a poem about them and researched them... their history is quite intriguing... I am going to put some gargoyles in my fern and rock garden.. the photos you posted are fabulous! soooo much personality and attitude... I usually prefer your black and white shots to the ones with color, but with these, they each bring a different aspect and vibe to the shot...
and what's not to love about the old cameras... sooo cool.... thank you for sharing your fabulous photos, it is always a pleasure... ;)

sas
June 27th, 2017, 12:49 PM
My family had the oldest box camera shown. I used to play with it and my mom would yell for me to put it down. Gawd! Am I that ancient already? When my granddaughter saw my old black and white photos, I told her the world wasn't in color then. She believed me.

Terry D
June 27th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Great photos.

Thanks. This is just some of the junk sitting around my den.

Love... LOOOVE Gargoyles!!! They absolutely enchant me... I even wrote a poem about them and researched them... their history is quite intriguing... I am going to put some gargoyles in my fern and rock garden.. the photos you posted are fabulous! soooo much personality and attitude... I usually prefer your black and white shots to the ones with color, but with these, they each bring a different aspect and vibe to the shot...
and what's not to love about the old cameras... sooo cool.... thank you for sharing your fabulous photos, it is always a pleasure... ;)

One of my favorite gargoyles -- not pictured here -- is a wooden one with large wings. That one sits on my desk beside my computer monitor holding a postcard I once received from Stephen King. It's kind of my writing totem.

My family had the oldest box camera shown. I used to play with it and my mom would yell for me to put it down. Gawd! Am I that ancient already? When my granddaughter saw my old black and white photos, I told her the world wasn't in color then. She believed me.

That old Kodak is huge, probably eight inches wide by ten tall. I'd love to get my hands on some film plates to go in the holder shown and see what it could do.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback!