PDA

View Full Version : Well, I kinda sketched my antagonist

Ptolemy
February 17th, 2017, 12:16 AM
So, have you ever suffered from descriptive writers block? Well, I know I have. Well, my solution to that was to sketch one of my antagonists on the back of an old graded term paper, with a mechanical pencil. (Who said art is determined by tools anyways?)

In all seriousness though, I was having a real problem describing this character's well... description in my novel so I thought it would be good to take an hour or two and sketch him out see what I'm really looking for. I've never gotten serious into drawing or sketching, but I know how to do rudimentary sketches that are nowhere near hyper realistic. I just hope it doesn't look to bad.

The main sketch:

Some more detailed looks:
Head:
Body:
Legs:
Head with no hood or mask:

Some extra stuff I sketched:

Comments and crits are welcome, and I know it looks pretty terrible compared to the other drawings on here, but hey, it helped me get out of this writers block I was in so to hell with it I guess.

Firemajic
February 17th, 2017, 01:54 AM
I think this is a unique approach to your dilemma... I would think that taking the time to visualize and sketch would help you "see" your character ... kinda get to know him.... I like them. and I hope it helped you move forward... ;)

Bard_Daniel
February 18th, 2017, 02:12 AM
Interesting way to develop a character. Keep at it! : D