PDA

View Full Version : Free Writing Courses

Theglasshouse
January 16th, 2017, 02:14 AM
http://open.edu/openlearn/free-courses?LKCAMPAIGN=OLSU_KeepLearning&MEDIA=_OL

Some courses I downloaded some free kindle books for from trustworthy and known sources:

Writing what you know, approaching prose fiction, English grammar context, start writing fiction. These can be typed in the search box in the website.

Some are really helpful, I recommend: writing what you know, and (especially) approaching prose fiction.

There is also a free creative writing course in mit which can be googled MIT open course creative writing. It's superficial. but has a good reputation although limited in what it teaches. I have only explored it superficially.

I recommend these. Been researching on these courses that are free and I read some of the books.

PiP
December 25th, 2017, 11:09 PM
Future Learn (https://www.futurelearn.com/courses) also offer many free online courses.

Transmedia Storytelling : Learn how to tell compelling stories across multiple platforms, like books, films, games and TV, with this free online course.

will be starting shortly.

Theglasshouse
December 27th, 2017, 04:18 AM
After I get this book on activities for writers I'll be sure to have an easy time composing for a free writing course again. You need to write a lot in the courses that require participation. A book such as on writing prompts is what I feel would make it easier to do some assignments. Basing a story on a fact was one assignment I recently wanted to try. But for that they have videos, and I feel like I need the practice. Most recently real characters I am interested in doing a course on that. I did sign up for one. But I think I need a photo album to do that assignment. Becuase it says I must use my memories. I am not saying it is very hard but it makes life easier for me. At least I can ask my parents to help me with that. Since the first assignment says to write a narrative paragraph including 3 true things that happened and include that as a fictional account. One example I saw had a girl constructing a snowman this Christmas. That's tough because of many reasons. Facebook is a photo album but none of my most recent photos exist there. I need to ask my mother. But facebook has captions sometimes. People I met in real life and forgotten are the ones I sometimes prefer to write about. (my family also uses a cell phone application)

It's tough imo but doable. The paritcipation and writing samples is what you need to do it seems since I signed up again recently.