PDA

View Full Version : Shiva (A doodle)

fpak
November 21st, 2016, 11:13 AM

I dont draw much. But these days I have begun doodling as a warm-up to write. This a depiction of Shiva, the God of dissolution and rebirth.Shiva sits smiling in mad bliss, haloed in black with his guts hanging about him like a snake or a pipe. The blood from his abdomen dances the destruction dance of Nataraja (Shiva's most destructive form. His dance is said to destroy universes). The butterflies in his stomach fly into a hopeful night. I tried to go for a nightmarish quality to the sketch. Like a disturbed child's drawings.

escorial
November 21st, 2016, 11:48 AM
i wonder what Freud would say...although i think your self analysis is rather descriptive...

SilverMoon
November 22nd, 2016, 08:15 PM
Love this piece (which I call more than a doodle). Very reminiscent of "Outsider Art" which I'd like to explore myself at some point.

I tried to go for a nightmarish quality to the sketch. Like a disturbed child's drawings.

You might be interested in this link:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/20/outsider-artists-_n_6174684.html

fpak
November 28th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Thank you for your kind words :)
And that link was very much what I was looking for. I had a feeling what I was doing would have been practiced already on a larger scale. So thanks for that too!