PDA

View Full Version : Bear

TKent
November 11th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Okay, so some of you know that I made a recent move to the mountains. The Black Bears outnumber the humans by at least 2 to 1 around here and inspired me to dig out my sketch pad.

Terry D
November 11th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Really nice, TK. Up close and personal.

TKent
November 11th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Thanks Terry! These guys are so adorable trekking through my yard :)

Terry D
November 11th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Thanks Terry! These guys are so adorable trekking through my yard :)

I would waste so much time with my camera...

TKent
November 11th, 2016, 10:12 PM
uh, no kidding...

Gumby
November 11th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Awesome animals! I love to see them...but from a safe distance. :)

Joe_Bassett
November 12th, 2016, 05:01 AM
bear-y cool

lol

nice sketch

Bard_Daniel
November 12th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Great sketch!

Firemajic
November 12th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Your drawing is faaaabulous... love the eyes and the shaggy fur... you did good! Hopefully you will share more... I find animals challenging to draw... HOWEVER, let me say, if I saw a Bear, IN MY YARD... I would be both thrilled and chilled, I watch National geographic channel, and they show Bear attacks and I was horrified... stay safe... ;)

escorial
November 12th, 2016, 02:48 PM
the expression in the face is outstanding....in that face is the essence of the bear..superb....

TKent
November 12th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Fortunately, black bears are not typically aggressive and especially ones that live in populated areas. The other day a runner came by our house and we knew for a fact that there had been a bear walking that way and she said she had just slowed to a stop and they walked by each other. OMG. I would never do that. One day we came around the corner from walking the dogs and one was in the bed of my husband's pickup and another stood up and walked over to my car and was standing up looking in to see what he could see. Very 'human' pose--freaky!

Your drawing is faaaabulous... love the eyes and the shaggy fur... you did good! Hopefully you will share more... I find animals challenging to draw... HOWEVER, let me say, if I saw a Bear, IN MY YARD... I would be both thrilled and chilled, I watch National geographic channel, and they show Bear attacks and I was horrified... stay safe... ;)

TKent
November 12th, 2016, 03:15 PM
thanks folks!! It was fun to draw. I want to play with color but I find that soooo hard.

Firemajic
November 12th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Fortunately, black bears are not typically aggressive and especially ones that live in populated areas. The other day a runner came by our house and we knew for a fact that there had been a bear walking that way and she said she had just slowed to a stop and they walked by each other. OMG. I would never do that. One day we came around the corner from walking the dogs and one was in the bed of my husband's pickup and another stood up and walked over to my car and was standing up looking in to see what he could see. Very 'human' pose--freaky!

SQUEEeeeek!!!! My friend raises Black Bears... and they are unpredictable... seriously.....

TKent
November 12th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Believe me, I don't go anywhere near them. I follow the ranger rules. TALK LOUD, STAND UP TALL, and back the [email protected]#$ away slowly :)

Firemajic
November 12th, 2016, 03:24 PM
thanks folks!! It was fun to draw. I want to play with color but I find that soooo hard.

Make a copy of your drawing .... then play with color pencils over your pencil strokes... that is how I got the courage to try color... ;)

escorial
November 12th, 2016, 03:28 PM

yeah that would be great to see...but there is something about pencil and paper that gives the artist and the image a realism that i think is lost in all the new media tools out there..for me the art is in the physical process and interpretation that is created...bit old school me thinks but when i see a pic like that it totally catches my eye...what medium were you thinking of..

TKent
November 12th, 2016, 03:32 PM
FM that is a GREAT idea!!

TKent
November 12th, 2016, 03:33 PM
I was thinking about colored pencils. I am always AMAZED at what Abi does with colored pencils.

yeah that would be great to see...but there is something about pencil and paper that gives the artist and the image a realism that i think is lost in all the new media tools out there..for me the art is in the physical process and interpretation that is created...bit old school me thinks but when i see a pic like that it totally catches my eye...what medium were you thinking of..

escorial
November 12th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Abi that's a blast from the past...i have two of her pic's on my wall and some blown glass by jul's proud of place in my living room.....be great to see you interpretation in colour pencil...go for it TK..