PDA

View Full Version : A snippet of script from STAR WARS EPISODE 7 -- 'REPEAT OF THE COINCIDENCE'

Ian8777
October 23rd, 2016, 08:46 AM
INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON -- CONTINUOUS.

UNDER THE GRATING
Finn pulls the grating over them as Rey works on the controls.

REY
You think this'll work on the Stormtroopers?

FINN
Yeah. Their masks filter out smoke, not toxins.

Lights come on! sound of the ship ramp lowering! Finn pulls THE GRATING CLOSED as he says:

FINN
Hurry!

REY
I'm hurrying!

Suddenly the FALCON DOOR OPENS -- AND HAN SOLO AND CHEWBACCA COME ABOARD, weapons at the ready, operating silently, with hand signals only.

HAN
Chewie, we're home.

Han gives Chewie a nod to check out the ship. Chewie heads off one way, Han in another.

The grating above LIFTS OFF -- Finn and Rey hold there hands in surrender, they look up at Han, who's training his blaster on them, threatening. They're SCARED.

HAN
Where are the others? Where's the pilot?

REY
I'm the pilot.

HAN
You?

Chewie moan-talks. Rey responds to him as her and Finn climb out of the smuggling hole.

HAN
You understand Wookie?

Rey is surprised.

REY
I guess so. I never knew I could though.

Chewie moan-talks again. This time more aggressive.

REY
I don't know how. I just...do.

Han and Chewie look at each other. Chewie grumbles.

HAN
I hear you pal.

FINN
What did he say?

REY
He said it's just another one of the amazing coincidences that make up this movie.

Finn looks confused.

FINN
What the hell is a movie?

Chewie moans and gestures animatedly.

HAN
Boy...you said it pal.

Han steps closer to Finn and eyes him like a Drill Sergeant.

HAN
None of this is real. Everything that is happening right now is the result of someone writing a script.

FINN
I don't understand.

HAN
You are a character in a story.

Rey sees the confusion in her friend's face. She touches his arm to comfort him.

Finn looks at Rey.

FINN
Is this true?

REY
Afraid so. None of us are who we think we are. We are all products of someone else's imagination.

This revelation is upsetting for Finn who wipes tears from his eyes. Chewie grumbles sympathetically while cocking his head from side to side.

FINN
Well I guess it all makes sense.

REY
What do you mean?

FINN
Think about it. We are in a Galaxy that is over one hundred thousand light years across and right now at this very moment we just happen to bump into the guy who is chasing after this ship.

Finn pats Han on the arm. He thinks about doing the same to Chewie but a low growl from the wookie makes him reconsider.

FINN
What are the odds of this meeting actually happening huh? I bet its more than a billion billion to one. It just could not happen.

REY
But here we are.

HAN
Here we are.

Chewie moans and warbles.

HAN
I hear you pal. Seems like some real lazy writing. Nothing more than a harshly contrived plot-point.

REY
I agree.

FINN
Me too.

HAN
I'm not surprised though. I've heard about this kind of thing before.

REY
You have?

HAN
Yeah...An old friend of mine used to tell this story about a guy who was ejected from a ship onto some deserted ice-planet.

FINN
Ice planet? Was it Hoth?

Han grins knowingly but shakes his head.

HAN
No kid, it was definitly not Hoth. I don't know where it was but according to my friend the guy's escape-pod crash landed on some forbidden place where no man had gone before and he just happened to stumble into the future version of his best friend and another guy who would go on to become his ship's engineer. What are the odds of that happening huh?

FINN
You just can't write stuff like that.

HAN
Someone did.

REY
They need blasting into smithereens.

Chewie grumbles his affirmative.

HAN
Anyway, we need to get the hell out of here before we run into any more lazy writing. I don't know about you but I've had my fill of it for one morning.

REY
You know what?

HAN
What?

REY
I have a bad feeling that we are going to have to contend with quite a lot more before the end of the movie.

HAN
You want to make any predictions?

Rey considers for a moment.

REY
I would put a thousand credits on you using Chewie's laser-bow like it's the first time you've ever used it despite the fact that you've been knocking around together for over thirty-years.

HAN
Is that right?

Rey shrugs and smiles.

REY
I will wager even more that at some point you will mention your role in the destruction of the Death Star.

HAN
Well that was quite a manoeuvre!

Rey laughs. Han grins at her. He likes this kid.

Chewie moans predictably and Finn scratches his head.

FINN
Are you sure it was not Hoth?

HAN
Pretty sure.

Han leads the way down the Millennium Falcon's gangplank into the next scene where more lazy writing will try and Jedi mind-trick you into thinking this movie is not a pale imitation of Star Wars Episode Four -- A New Hope.

Harper J. Cole
October 29th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Not a huge fan of episode VII, I'm guessing? ;)

I'm not an expert in script writing, but you seem to have most of the conventions down. Watch out for this though ...

Finn and Rey hold there hands in surrender

This should be "their". Easy to make mistakes like that, as they don't show up on a spellchecker.

HC