PDA

View Full Version : WIFS 26 - August

sigmadog
August 29th, 2016, 05:45 PM
It's the end of August and we've got a
big newsletter for your enjoyment.
It's packed with poetry, fiction, interviews, news, member art and a
special cover illustration by yours truly.
In this issue we are pleased to lift our cups to our new
regular contributor Sam and his
inaugural column titled, appropriately, The Glass Is Full.
Enjoy!

Click <here (http://bit.ly/2cTHwzQ-Wif26-HS)> to view

(https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3U4hvizIx72ckpQdk1nZHhoclE)

jenthepen
August 29th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Better and better! This is a super newsletter with a fantastic range of talent and wordsmith wizardry. The standouts for me were Sam's column and that heartbreaking poem by SilverMoon but all the contributors excelled themselves this time. Great work everyone!

The usual super-professional layout too. Thanks to everyone involved for a thoroughly enjoyable read.

mrmustard615
August 29th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Nice newsletter as usual. Love the graphics on this one. :D

TKent
August 29th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Amazing!!!!

midnightpoet
August 29th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Enjoyed it.

Harper J. Cole
August 29th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Great work! It looks delicious too ... :sunny:

Sleepwriter
August 29th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Awesome job!

LeeC
August 30th, 2016, 12:35 AM
A very professional job, and a nice collection of evocative writing. I even found myself agreeing with Sam :-)

Kudos to the team.

SaveSave

escorial
August 30th, 2016, 02:14 PM
cool work everyone

PrinzeCharming
August 30th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Viewing this during my break at work. Excellent job, guys! I'm proud of you for all your hard work. It's always a pleasure to see recognition for judging. I hope our readers can muster up some courage to participate in our writing competitions. :)

Phil Istine
August 30th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I've not read it all yet, but it's shaping up to be yet another outstanding read - thank you. There are a couple of minor proofing glitches, but no point being picky with something that has been put together so well.
From what I've read so far, Sam's article was the stand-out item, especially as I went to English GCSE evening classes a couple of years ago (I was 57 then). I didn't have the opportunity to stay for GCSE work (O-level as it was then called) when I was a teen. I was a bit of a loose cannon but credit to the tutor as she never once tried to shut me down.
I'll read the rest of the articles when I'm less tired.

SilverMoon
August 31st, 2016, 02:04 AM
Big WOW!, Sigma. Eons ago I worked a Graphic Artist. Never did a mag layout but I know when I see something over the top superlative And thanks for arranging my little watercolors to make my poem pop. It's late now but first think in the a.m. I will be settling into read.. and you know my thoughts on your cover artwork!!!!

Thank you, Laurie

sigmadog
August 31st, 2016, 03:36 AM
Big WOW!, Sigma. Eons ago I worked a Graphic Artist. Never did a mag layout but I know when I see something over the top superlative And thanks for arranging my little watercolors to make my poem pop. It's late now but first think in the a.m. I will be settling into read.. and you know my thoughts on your cover artwork!!!!

Thank you, Laurie

Well, I do it for the Adoration of the Multitudes.

Thanks for the kind words!

Oh! And those are wonderful watercolors, by the way.

rcallaci
August 31st, 2016, 02:39 PM
I loved it- It just keeps getting better issue after issue. I totally loved Sam's article, and I'm glad he's to be a regular columnist on this newsletter. Kudos the the Media staff you guys are one talented bunch...

warmest
bob

SilverMoon
August 31st, 2016, 04:13 PM
http://www.writingforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sigmadog http://www.writingforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.writingforums.com/showthread.php?p=2029636#post2029636)

Well, I do it for the Adoration of the Multitudes. (This is what first struck me, your humble nature)

Thanks for the kind words! (If not for them, you'd come after me)

Oh! And those are wonderful watercolors, by the way. (Thank you. I put my heart into them)

Again, really thank you. And to your Media Staff whom I don't know... The Unsung Heroes.

Aquarius
September 20th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Beautiful! Thanks to all who toiled so hard to bring it into being.

PiP
September 20th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Beautiful! Thanks to all who toiled so hard to bring it into being.

The newsletter team do an absolutely amazing job! I think people would be surprised to know just how much work goes in behind the scenes to produce WiFs.

am_hammy
September 23rd, 2016, 02:12 AM
Proud of you all, as always. A beautiful issue =) It's always a well rounded package of the talent we have on this forum.

clark
September 23rd, 2016, 10:18 AM
Wow. This is my first Newsletter--I've produced a couple myself in a galaxy far away so I know how much it takes to assemble consistently high-quality content packaged in a professional and visually pleasing format , such as we have here. Kudos to all involved. I enjoyed SAM's well-written column, esp. his point that current pedagogy stifles creativity in students AND teachers. When I was new to the game, I insisted on reading every poem aloud in class. Senior faculty argued this was a waste of valuable discussion time. Over the years, when old students have contacted me, 100% have commented on how important it had been for them to hear the great poems of our tradition. Sam's column reminded me of all this. Sometimes the simplest iconoclastic jog off the beaten trail can open creative doors that might otherwise have remained closed. Thanks Sam.

Sam
September 26th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Thank you for all the kind comments about the newsletter. The Media Team do an excellent job of producing a professional and standout circular each month. I'm only one cog in a large wheel, but I'm humbled by the comments on my article nonetheless.

Gumby
September 26th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I'm running out of words to praise the great job you guys do on the Newsletter! Fabulous, as always! :)