PDA

View Full Version : Faith in the Misbegotten

InkwellMachine
July 7th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Another audio story I did the writing for. This one... man. What a weird framing device. Never written anything like it before, and I'm certainly on the fence about whether I'd like to write anything like it again.

Very interested in opinions. Were you able to follow it? If so, how did you interpret the story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CHNty-TGqQ

PrinzeCharming
July 7th, 2016, 11:05 PM
I am always a fan of your work. This one is more intriguing than the circus story. You always inspire me to take the same approach to my work. I've always practiced some form of audio book narration using SoundCloud. I could never follow anything in audio if I'm distracted by other factors around me. It would be nice to listen to this as I lie in bed or something. The overall narration is clear. I always admire the word choice you depict throughout your work. The acting isn't too overwhelming. It's the right amount of dramatic effect. You have a poetic tone throughout your stories. It's engaging. I could never follow monotone, so it's great that you engage the listener with subtle voice changes and emotional stuttering. I will definitely listen to this again when I have time and nothing around me.

Thanks for sharing!

Rookish
July 8th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Ah, quite the tale...suffice it to say, I shall now further explore the foundry.

How did I interpret it...

Hmmmm, I imagined a Victorian setting, with a downtrodden populace's only light that of a grim and secretive religion.
Madness is bred by the religion itself, as seen with the builder's rampage, and professions dealing with the macabre are ever-prevalent.
The creature, a tangled mess of memory and emotion, a being that is in conflict with itself: The pious side and the one of cynical depression.

At first I did not like the narrator's voice, thinking it to be far too juvenile for the tone of the tale. However, once I realized that the first speaker was a child, my dislike dissipated.

You wrote it well >.<