PDA

View Full Version : Hungry for work - Where to get clients??

rairose
January 15th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone! Like many people here, I'm sure, I am one of those writers constantly looking for work. All of my income comes from my writing, but I am craving some new ventures and projects. I was wondering if any like-minded/like-niche writers would be willing to share their tips on finding new clients. I'm stuck and getting quite frustrated. I'm looking for something in the areas of science writing, non-profit organizations, academic writing, online-course writing (e-learning), and blogging in the self-help/nutrition/wellness areas.

It seems like all the job leads I find are for business, marketing, and technology writing. I can't (and don't want to) do any of that. How is a starving writer to make a living??

ppsage
January 16th, 2016, 12:32 AM
If you are in the U. S. look for European papers and mags that want articles about the U. S. Maybe Japan too. Sort of tourist-y/visitor-y but with a science-y (museums? universities?) or geographic-y (national parks?) or historical-y (Independence Hall? Alamo?) or whatever-y slant. Include pictures. If you're not in the U. S. try the reverse but so far I think that's harder.