PDA

View Full Version : View A Collection of Other Peoples Work?

kaminoshiyo
October 25th, 2015, 03:15 AM
I was wondering how do you view a complete list of an authors work at once, if there is such a way to do this.

escorial
October 25th, 2015, 10:09 AM
i often visit youtube....often you can get most if not all in some way or another...listening though

mrmustard615
October 25th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I think he was referring to authors on the forum, Esc.

I don't think there is a way to find collected works by any one member here. The closest I can think of is to use the advanced search option to look for threads started by a specific member. That will include any works he/she wrote, but it will also include other threads started. That's my best guess anyway.

escorial
October 25th, 2015, 10:20 AM
ok dude

Olly Buckle
October 25th, 2015, 10:28 AM
If you go to the person's profile (click on their name) on the left hand column is an option 'See all started threads'. Of course it won't only be their work, any games, or questions like this one, will also show, but which forums they are in gives a good clue to the interesting ones.

Cran
October 25th, 2015, 12:16 PM
I was wondering how do you view a complete list of an authors work at once, if there is such a way to do this.
Hi kaminoshiyo, and welcome to WF.

The best way to an author's work on the forum is to select one creative forum where the author's work can be found - General Fiction in Prose Fiction, for example.

On the bar above the sub-forums, click [Search Forum] >> Advanced Search.

In [Search for Posts] insert the member's name, then select [Find Threads Started by User], tick [exact name] >>

In [Search in Forums], the forum you entered will be highlighted; Ctrl+Left Click on any other forums you wish to include in the search - NB- you will only get results from forums that you have access to.

[Include child forums] should be clicked, which means you only have to click the parent forums you wish to search.

Click [Search Now].