PDA

View Full Version : WiFs No.9 - March 2015

popsprocket
April 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
In case you haven't noticed, things have been in full swing around here lately. New challenges. New member group projects. That new car smell. It has all been happening. If you missed it then there are some detail in here, as well as the startling revelation that WF will be launching a writing blog of its very own (http://www.writingforums.com/threads/156057-A-Very-WF-Blog?p=1847478#post1847478) (on which the confusion of "your" and "you're" will be punishable by death and the word "bae" is anathema). To cap it all off we have a collection of just some of the best poetry that has appeared around here lately. Being poetry-challenged myself, you can all direct your thanks to Joshybo and TJ1985 for their efforts in scouring the boards and putting it all together.

WiFs No.9 - March 2015

http://www.writingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8037&thumb=1&d=1427586460

Those of you who are particularly tuned in to this sort of thing have probably already noticed just how good the forum has felt in the last month or so. There has been a persistent buzz of hard work and then a corresponding feeling of well-earned relaxation – the same mood as the one where you sit on the front porch with a cold drink after mowing the lawn on a hot summer’s day. Satisfaction is the word. The forum has had an air of great satisfaction hanging over it for some time now.

For those who missed it, or maybe for those of you who have only recently joined us, there has been quite a lot going on over the last month. New challenges popped up in several places for people to enter (make sure to check them out). Work has progressed on a number of member-driven projects – which can sometimes be as difficult as herding cats. And behind the scenes things have been frantic as we all work on some big new plans designed to make the forum a better place for writers to hang out. Skip on down to the news section if you want to read a bit about what has happened and what is coming up.

That’s all that really needs to be said this month, I think. Ever since I discovered forums they have become something of an addiction. Over the years I have signed up to dozens and dozens of them to suit various hobbies and interests that I hold or held. Writing forums are no exception. Our green lady is simply that only one that has held my attention for this long, and that’s all thanks to the mood that the wonderful members manage to create. Yes, hanging around these green halls often provides me with that sense of satisfaction that comes from a job well done.

<-- February Newsletter (http://www.writingforums.com/threads/155144-WiFs-No-8-February-2015)

aj47
April 1st, 2015, 12:12 PM
Most excellent. I especially liked the description of the Purple PiP Challenge--I accidentally entered once because I didn't realize PiP was "Poet in Progress". I thought it was just a cute capitalization of "pip".

popsprocket
April 1st, 2015, 02:25 PM
Well you can thank joshybo for the bit on the challenge, and Pip for making sure we capitalised it correctly to minimise confusion. God knows the media isn't out to misdirect the people! That would never happen.

am_hammy
April 1st, 2015, 06:59 PM
Job well done to the media team!

It was another lovely issue. I'm honored that some of my stuff was chosen to be featured ^____^

And what a nice dedication to the poets in general. Enjoyed it immensely :glee:

Schrody
April 2nd, 2015, 07:46 AM
Another great newsletter, as always :)

No, I'm lying. This was the BEST newsletter since you started writing it again. It had a lot more content, more... soul, you know? Maybe it's just me. ^^

Firemajic
April 2nd, 2015, 10:52 AM
Pops..sighhh.. I am very upset.. I click on the link for the newsletter and I get a message saying I must be logged in to view..well. I am logged in...what am I doing wrong?

popsprocket
April 2nd, 2015, 10:58 AM
Pops..sighhh.. I am very upset.. I click on the link for the newsletter and I get a message saying I must be logged in to view..well. I am logged in...what am I doing wrong?

Hmm, it still works for me.

You could try logging out and then logging back in.

mrmustard615
April 2nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Good job as always, Pops. Thanks for the mention of the comic project :D

Firemajic
April 2nd, 2015, 11:03 AM
I tried that last night..

Gargh
April 2nd, 2015, 11:12 AM
Try switching browsers... I'm in Chrome and it has tantrums every now and then about cookies or something so I just switch to IE for that task and hope it sorts itself out, usually does!

You could also try ticking the 'remember me' box when you log in, see if that makes a difference?

Firemajic
April 2nd, 2015, 06:41 PM
Thanks Gargh.. And Thanks Tj... I followed your instructions in the PM! It worked! Nice issue Pops and the media team... PiP ... PiP... Hurrrraaayyy!!! Poets rule.... just sayin'... lol...

popsprocket
April 3rd, 2015, 08:19 AM
Yo, homies, read this:

http://www.writingforums.com/threads/156057-A-Very-WF-Blog?p=1847478#post1847478