PDA

View Full Version : Willburr, my stuffed nightmare cat!

Crowley K. Jarvis
February 25th, 2015, 05:58 PM
My mother does arts and crafts and it's something I've inherited.She usually makes jewelry and whatnot out of bits and bobs. The hobby has become quite common! So I have made jewelry, be it a necklace for myself or gifts for friends, I enjoy little scraps of metal, glass, light bulbs and cogs... They make nice accessories.

But another thing I got is that she taught me (the basics at least) how to sew. Loving anything industrial or steampunk, I also came to love the idea of little twisted stuffed animals. Some people have their beasties, well, I have constant ideas for little animals.

I wanted a chesire cat of sorts, a little nightmare doll resembling a cat, so, with my mother's help, I went to work.

I drew the designs myself and already knew how I would customize him, so the only hard part was buying the cloth and stuffing. We did all the sewing by hand, no machine. My mother made the head, but I did the body and limbs and stuffed it all, then stitched him all together, and added his stripes, tail, and ears.

I decided to name him Willburr. It just seemed right.

Here's his back and tail.

His head is actually off-center, and as you can see so are his stripes. And his arms are long as well! This was all intentional because I wanted something imperfect, with big front paws.

As you can see, he's a pretty lazy stuffed animal. Not much for playing. He is a cat after all.

I know I'm a bit old for this sort of thing but I enjoyed making him and will most likely craft another in the near future. So I just thought I'd share him with you guys.

am_hammy
February 27th, 2015, 05:43 AM
I know he's supposed to be a nightmare cat, but he's so cuuute!

I really don't like scary-ish themed things. I'm a big fat chicken, but I'd totally keep him in my collection. He's really cool. He's simple but I don't think he looks plain. Nice job!

InnerFlame00
February 27th, 2015, 05:51 AM
You can never be to old to make cute creepy kitty dolls! Or any kind of craft. I likes it :D

TJ1985
February 27th, 2015, 05:57 AM
As you can see, he's a pretty lazy stuffed animal. Not much for playing. He is a cat after all.

I'd be quiet with this, it might offend the resident cat. :D

Seriously, he's a cute little rascal. I like that he's imperfect because there are soooo many stuffed critters are perfect when most animals aren't perfect. Nice work. :)

Boofy
February 27th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Hsssssssss. (That's cat for 'don't talk smack 'bout me m8' and also 'where can I get that studs number?' Willpuuuuuurrrr)

JadedHeart
March 14th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! You don't happen to sell them, do you?

I showed it to my daughter and she said that it's scary and it will giver her nightmares, lol. But then again, she's only 8 and everything gives her nightmares.

escorial
March 14th, 2015, 11:37 PM
cool

Warm Hands Cold Heart
April 5th, 2015, 11:42 PM
That is so cute! The zipper mouth is very clever.

Firemajic
May 20th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Crrrowley, creativity takes many many different forms and uses ANY medium that inspires the artist.. I love this for many reasons.. but i was intrigued that you used a zipper for the mouth... not only unique, but i think it says a lot about youuuu... am I right? LMAO... zzzzzipit!!! Thank you for sharing.. i cant wait to see your next creature creation.... will it have eyes? Maybe no ears....

Schrody
May 20th, 2016, 04:45 PM
That's weirdly cute :cat:

NashNash
July 17th, 2016, 09:53 PM
He is so cute! It's also nice that you and your mother made him together!

Moonlight
January 13th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Very nice! I dabble in paper mâché and find that most of my creations are a bit on the dark/macabre side, so your little cat would be right at home here. :)

Penny090
February 17th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Oh I like him! A cute oddball.

JonathanD
July 13th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Got to show this to my wife she will freak out over it :playful: