View Full Version : Hemingway app

CraniumInsanium
November 26th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Has anyone seen this? Thoughts?

http://www.hemingwayapp.com/

Morkonan
November 26th, 2014, 05:37 AM
It's been mentioned before, I think.

Still, it's fun to use. Just be advised that some people positively hate Hemingway's writing style. :)

HOWEVER, that being said, I notice there is a "desktop version" that has been newly released. If it doesn't require an external connection, that might be worth playing with. (Provided it's non-toxic, of course. :) )

shadowwalker
November 26th, 2014, 06:00 AM
If it's free, I suppose it's worth it. But when I saw the bit about adverbs... meh.

Blade
November 26th, 2014, 07:12 PM
If it's free, I suppose it's worth it. But when I saw the bit about adverbs... meh.

You're just too much of a go-getter. They are offering to help you with the writing.:moody:

It might be interesting to insert a little piece of prose and see what happened though it appears to be refined auto correct.:hopelessness:

Morkonan
November 26th, 2014, 11:23 PM
As a test, I typed something critical of Hemingway into the box. As soon as I pressed the button, a big hairy arm shot out of the monitor and bashed me over the head with a half-empty bottle of scotch!

It was good scotch, though.

garza
November 30th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I was taught to use the style that Hemingway used when I was a teenager, 60 years ago. I don't imitate Hemingway, but I follow the same principles of clean, clear, simple, direct, and strong writing. So far it's worked fine for me and continues to result in work sold, so I'll stick with it. But, I will trust my own judgement and not the judgement of a computer.

If you lean on a crutch, soon you'll forget how to walk.

T.S.Bowman
November 30th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Huh. I posted in the first portion of my latest chapter and it gave me a score of 6.

I guess Hemmingway wouldn't have found my writing too unpalatable. :-)

KellInkston
March 23rd, 2015, 05:42 PM
Funny stuff, not a bad tool either. I'll keep this in mind along with grammerly, edit minion and all the rest.