PDA

View Full Version : Untitled

Phoenix_White
October 23rd, 2014, 02:02 AM
As an introduction to some of my work, here is something that I wrote last evening:

A deaf man doesn't know: how close his breathing mimics the ocean.
Yet, a deaf man sees much, and deaf man feel much! (Though he doesn't understand the inflection between the rise and fall of his words.)
But a deaf man can look upon the ocean - and watch! As the waves crest white, crashing into his feet, pulling him outward. And a deaf man can close his eyes. There he is afraid. Does the mind of a deaf man echo? The ocean pulls him, "calling - calling". Laying his head upon the sand he begs, " hear-hear" !
How he pleads with the sea: Call me, take me! Beneath the water I'll hear. He is afraid again. His eyes still closed - there: anger begins to rise up. Like a wave stirred by the depths of the sea. Even the sea has fled. Rejected by her who promised: graciousness. What a bitter taste she left in his mouth.

Then the sea overcomes him...

In one sweeping glance, his eyes meet the stone-face of his lover. And he dies, never hearing the siren!

xlwoo
October 25th, 2014, 03:20 PM
this is fiction part. never heard of that a fiction caan be untitled, which can only be used for a poem.