PDA

View Full Version : A Meal (Revised)

Misty Mirrors
September 7th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Bob, Joe and Tom are hungry.

Bob goes to a cafe. He tells the staff that he owns three houses. He says that he is the manager of the local Westpac Bank branch. Bob states that he served in the army for fifteen years. He says he had to rush to a board meeting this morning. He forgot his wallet. Bob asks the proprietor to open an account. Then Bob buys ten take-away hamburgers on credit. He takes one out of the bag for eating. He throws the remaining nine into a garbage bin.

Joe goes to a charity and asks for a hamburger.

Tom goes to a McDonald's cafe and buys an inexpensive hamburger.

All three men are poor.

Plasticweld
September 8th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Interesting, I thought you were going to ask what time they arrived? Sounds like my ninth grade Algebra problems. It is good insight, the kind maybe only a writer has

Misty Mirrors
September 8th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I am glad you found the story interesting.

Plasticweld
September 8th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I will actually go further than that... Today while working I was thinking about your story, it has all the potential to be a fable of sorts. I think you could go into a little more detail and flush it out... I am old so forgive me but I can almost see the old blind guy in the Kung Fu tv show explaining to Grass Hopper the concept, of what we have, what we waste and what we never have. Your little story is actually much deeper than it appears...Bob

You might have to google the old Kung Fu tv show if you are young and find a youtube video

Misty Mirrors
September 9th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Thank you.
I do not know the Kung Fu TV story/stories.