PDA

View Full Version : How Angles, Demons and Humans work on my story. (Words: 1,491)

Sc0pe
August 12th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Angles, Humans and Demons

These are the three intelligent beings that exist in this world. Each having their own strength. Each very different, yet fulfilling their needed role. On here I will shed some light on these roles.
Before I start though I will clear up one thing. Not all these thing will make it into the story im just laying the ground rules of this world and its limits.

The story will be following a few characters in this world meaning you will be taken by the hands though this world. I wanted to make a world as vast as star wars or kingdom hearts leaving lots of room for different stories being told.

Angles
Angles are born perfect for the job they have been given. Like a program that was made for a certain reason they are made to handle that job just how it needs to be. Some of these jobs initial keep the universe in check from things like keeping the stars from falling to controlling the weather on earth, This means that they can come in different shapes and sizes some even thousands time bigger than the earth itself however they tend to stick to their appointed tasks that require there existence will never be witnessed by most men.
Having eyes that can see what human can't. Angel eyes are better known as spectrum. What they can or cannot see differs from angel to angel only giving them what they need to do there needed task. They like demons can shape shift as well as hide in plain sight of the human eye. Because of the vast scope of tasks they are given their scale and powers levels of there strength can range from content to galaxy level destruction. (Don’t worry I have no plan on going gurran lagan in the story. Nothing planned anyways.) Typically having any number of wings ranging from one to countless amounts depending on the angle.

Since angles are made perfect they don’t go against their set task and do what is needed of them without question meaning there are no such things as dark or fallen angels. However because of this they don’t have free will to think on their own so unless told otherwise will keep to their assigned task till the end’s of time.
The more common angels are the ones who are titled the protectors, observers and death.
Protectors watch over the earth in order to keep the balance however this is only under very strict rules. Unless the problem will be something that can cause an unnatural balance to the universe then any interference with the world is prohibited. This means that for the most part they find themselves being more worldly observers than peace keepers only pulling subtle strings when really needed.
Observers are tasked with keeping log of all good and bad each man has done. Two will be assigned onto someone a few years after they are born one keeping track of all the good and another the bad and remain with them until they rest where in which they switch with shifts with another pair. Only when they die will there task be done with the person.

Death or rather “Angel of death” are the ones that only come down to retrieve the soul of one who has passed away be they man or otherwise. Because there powers can range from anything the only real main common trite that only angles have is there super fast healing able to grow back limbs in short time and there area of effect. There area of effect means the area they can reach with there powers. Depending on the job they are given the range may very but most have a range as far as the eye can see from all sides.

There are also many others but since they won’t affect the story other than being building blocks of this world I will stop there.

Humans
Are born the most weakest and vulnerable than both the demons and angles. They are more survivors than anything. Having to grow into strength and knowledge the world they set foot into tests them. With the freedom to do what they want with their time humans tend to have to seek their own paths ones very different from another. All walks of life they are tested whether it be rulers, slaves, the working, the poor, the orphan. But they have the potential to adapt to their trails, learn from them and become stronger. Not only in a day to day sense but in a survival sense too. The inner energy they gained was a product of them being attacked by the demons. It’s there energy version to the demons thick exoskeleton was what gave that became a natural part of their defense against them. It was there ability to learn and adapt that helped them in a way mimic the demons abilities.

Their ability to see and adapt to a threat made them potentially dangerous to the demons or anything that faced them. However without the threat or needed training they can be the weak or an average jo so to speak. After they defeated the demon king and freed themselves they over the meany years forgot the days of struggle and thus lost those powers trading them in for other things.

When the threat and training is in place they are able to tap into their inner energy that they can use to protect themselves like another layer of skin. This is called knights armor and depending on the person this will have strengths and weaknesses to certain elements. In turn it also boots the strength speed and power of the user. The more inner energy the more this is so. I can go over them but since that is within itself its own topic I will leave that there. I have the details all in place just not all on paper.

Just know that Humans maybe weak but they are very adaptable that goes double for when they are young so people who want knights armor tend to get started at a very young age.

By the time this story starts this power is being rediscovered after being forgotten after there battle against the demons that was all the way back to a time man forgotten. (I have back story but I will leave that for now.)

Demons

Demons are in a funny sense more of the middle man between man and angel. Like angels they can hide in plain sight from humans but like humans they have free will. There are good demons as well as bad ones, (Need to come up for a name for the good ones.) even ones who are neutral much like the human race only difference there is that they are far more bad ones than there are good… or rather, the power of the bad ones far outclass the good ones making their world rule be put under evil giving them the impression that they are all bad. (It’s like if Hitler taken over there world. Yeah I went there.)

The demons are sword enemies of the humans mainly because of they fear and envy of their potential to adapt and grow stronger from there surroundings. Demons are born with powers some of their more one of a kind one being the ability to move between dimensions or realms some more than others. There powers can range from immense strength to being able to move from one side of the world to another in the blink of an eye.

Some of the top demons can move though time to an extent and see all dimensions like they are gate ways. Some can smell things in other dimensions and so on. They are all powerful beings but they can’t go beyond the level of power they already possess. They are fixed to the level they are given. This was the main cause of the demon king attempted to wipe all of humanity off the face of the planet. (Again back story for this but another time.).

Demons are normally the ones that interact with humans in most cases it’s a bad encounter. Be it haunting or in the form of a living being, man or otherwise. Some in fact fall for a human and tend to follow them around even interacting with them in some way although interacting is a taboo to them to an extent and most of the good demons follow the rules but much like humans they can break them rules for own personal gain or reason. They can see the souls of the dead as they leave the body and the angle’s doing their job but there is no such thing as ghosts or returning from the dead instead it’s mainly a demon who has some knowledge from ones past who would play that role for whatever reason weather that being threatened or personal gain.

The reason why demons don't don't grow from there intelligence is because even if one dose learn something it's hardly any use to them. There world is very different from ours since they can just move to anywhere they would like in a blink of an eye. The don't build things like homes or make books rather they live in old houses, dark dirty hall ways, and/or dark places. This is the reason why people clam to hear haunted noise from old abandoned places. They live far longer than humans but they are not immortal.

The main reason why is because they can never gain further strength from training. The power they get they are stuck with and this made the demon king fear and hate the human from the first day they where created making them here sword enemy. And since the demon kind has his kind under his thumb they all carry out his will to wipe them out.

Well if Angels are water and humans are… let’s say a plant then demons would be oil. Maybe I need a better metaphor but I think that best works in my head for now unless someone was to take be back to biology class.

I do need a name for the none bad demons. If you have something in mind I am all ears.

Well that all for now. There is a good bit more but I don’t want to make this too long so if there is anything you don’t understand just ask but I just wanted to feed you the concept of how these three beings work in this world I'm making and your thoughts on it.

Digiphant
August 12th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Hey, Sc0pe. I like some of the ideas laid out here, but it was quite hard to follow in places - I think you need to proof read your work a little more.

Can you clarify Each angel eyes better known as spectrum every of what they can see from angel to angel only giving them what they need to do there needed task? Do you mean that what angels can see is dependant on what they were made to do? That would certainly create some interesting interactions between angels, it would almost be like having a discussion with someone who is hallucinating.

The inner energy they gained was a product of them being attacked by the demons. Can you explain how this works? Do they absorb energy from the demons, or is it more a "struggling against adversity gives you inner strength" type deal? If we are effectively vampires to demons that would, I imagine, make them fear us quite a bit.

If demons have free will, why can't they adapt like humans can?

I like the way you've made angels in to, basically, machines. They can no longer be considered "good" or "bad" as that implies they have some input on the matter. Equally, it's nice to see a range of moralities on the demon side of things instead of the usual default to evil.

This all looks like a set up for an epic struggle and I look forward to whatever story you're going to set in this universe.

Dubhthaigh
August 12th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I'm not going to try and give any input in a grammatical sense, because grammar is boring.

Angles: I like the idea of them as Astral Beings with a huge domain, the protesters of the cosmos and all that jazz as opposed to the traditional wings and halo angle that directly intervenes in a person's life. This version of an Angle is infinitely more grand.
I do think though that instead of going on about the spectrum of light, which is hard to follow, that bit could be swapped for a line like "all the knowledge of the universe is known to the Angles, they see the unseen and hear the unheard"
Again, I like the idea of the "observing" angles and I think its a nice touch that they work in pairs, one to note the good and one to note the evil.
​Humans: Don't have much to say on this paragraph, I liked it very much but didn't get the bit about Knight's armour.
Demons: I don't think the phrase "good demons" should be used at all, I think the word "demons" is inherently loaded with meaning and imagery and to go against this would weaken your story. You could say a being related to the demon, known as the fiend, may be either good or evil. or something like that maybe?
I like the idea of the demon king, but since the demons are not the enemies of the Angles, as such, I think his role could be limited. If the Angles stayed out of Human affairs, but were sworn to rid the world of demons who meddled in human affairs, I think then you would have more scope for an epic battle.

Sc0pe
August 12th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Thank you both for your input. I went over it and my god the grammar was worst than I thought. Since i finished typing this up before heading to bed i neglected to proof read it. I fixed all the ones I say but spotted but knowing me it will take another look over atleast so bear with me.

BUT ANYWAYS.

Hey, Sc0pe. I like some of the ideas laid out here, but it was quite hard to follow in places - I think you need to proof read your work a little more.

Can you clarify Each angel eyes better known as spectrum every of what they can see from angel to angel only giving them what they need to do there needed task? Do you mean that what angels can see is dependant on what they were made to do? That would certainly create some interesting interactions between angels, it would almost be like having a discussion with someone who is hallucinating.

The inner energy they gained was a product of them being attacked by the demons. Can you explain how this works?

If demons have free will, why can't they adapt like humans can?

I like the way you've made angels in to, basically, machines. They can no longer be considered "good" or "bad" as that implies they have some input on the matter. Equally, it's nice to see a range of moralities on the demon side of things instead of the usual default to evil.

This all looks like a set up for an epic struggle and I look forward to whatever story you're going to set in this universe.

I fixed that bit so i hope it's more clare now. Just to save you reading it over it was as you said about the "struggling against adversity gives you inner strength"

You answer to the next question is this.

"The reason why demons don't don't grow from there intelligence is because even if one dose learn something it's hardly any use to them. There world is very different from ours since they can just move to anywhere they would like in a blink of an eye. The don't build things like homes or make books rather they live in old houses, dark dirty hall ways, and/or dark places. This is the reason why people clam to hear haunted noise from old abandoned places. They live far longer than humans but they are not immortal.

The main reason why is because they can never gain further strength from training. The power they get they are stuck with and this made the demon king fear and hate the human from the first day they where created making them here sword enemy. And since the demon kind has his kind under his thumb they all carry out his will to wipe them out."

You right on the money on the spectrum or angel eyes thing and I added up on there but since you seem to get it I will leave it there.

I'm not going to try and give any input in a grammatical sense, because grammar is boring.

Angles: I like the idea of them as Astral Beings with a huge domain, the protesters of the cosmos and all that jazz as opposed to the traditional wings and halo angle that directly intervenes in a person's life. This version of an Angle is infinitely more grand.
I do think though that instead of going on about the spectrum of light, which is hard to follow, that bit could be swapped for a line like "all the knowledge of the universe is known to the Angles, they see the unseen and hear the unheard"
Again, I like the idea of the "observing" angles and I think its a nice touch that they work in pairs, one to note the good and one to note the evil.
​Humans: Don't have much to say on this paragraph, I liked it very much but didn't get the bit about Knight's armour.
Demons: I don't think the phrase "good demons" should be used at all, I think the word "demons" is inherently loaded with meaning and imagery and to go against this would weaken your story. You could say a being related to the demon, known as the fiend, may be either good or evil. or something like that maybe?
I like the idea of the demon king, but since the demons are not the enemies of the Angles, as such, I think his role could be limited. If the Angles stayed out of Human affairs, but were sworn to rid the world of demons who meddled in human affairs, I think then you would have more scope for an epic battle.

Thanks and your right. I only just digging my teeth into the light spectrum but it will play a role to how things work. I fixed it now but thanks again.

The knights armor i explained a little more. I will not go into too much depth just yet since that can stand as it's own topic that i will do another day.

Hmmm... fiend could work. I was aware of this and wanted a name for the good ones but now i think i found one. That was a big help XD

Digiphant
August 12th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks for taking the time to clarify those bits and bobs, it sounds like your story is rooted in quite a bit of lore.