PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife

J Anfinson
July 19th, 2014, 05:33 PM

Looking out from my bathroom window I saw a deer in the woods this morning. Only had my phone available and shot this through the screen so it's blurry, but it's mornings like this I love.

Snuck outside to try and get a better shot. Didn't work out well because I had to freeze where I was when the buck saw me. He snorted and stomped, and when I took the picture he raced off. It's hard to see but he's just to the right of those double trees in the middle.

My favorite by far. Got this one on my trail cam last year.

LeeC
July 19th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Awesome :-)

I quit putting out a bird feeder years ago because they attracted too many black bears. Another time, I opened the back door for the dog and I to go out. Not 20 feet away was a mature bull moose. I grabbed the dog as I closed the door quickly. Moose are a lot more dangerous than black bear ;-)

J Anfinson
July 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Lol, I'll bet they are dangerous. Not many bears in the Tulsa area. Most of them are in the southeast area of the state, where it's really mountainous and pretty. Plenty of deer around here, though. Sometimes they come out into the yard, but it's tough to get pictures. They don't stay alive for being stupid. :)

J Anfinson
July 19th, 2014, 10:50 PM
One of the does came back. I was prepared this time. Still had to sneak, but at least I had a decent camera this time.

And zoomed in.
Doubt they'll be back for a few days. I scared them pretty good this time.

Gumby
July 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Nice shots, J. :) I see lots of deer on my property but I never have a good camera and I'm too slow with my phone. You must be quick!

J Anfinson
July 19th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Gotta move stealthy like a ninja once I'm out the back door or they run. The wind was in my favor or I wouldn't have gotten that close. :)

Pandora
July 22nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
Deer are magical creatures, all the good nature has to offer.