PDA

View Full Version : Taboo

Firemajic
July 18th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Question--Is it taboo ,after you have written a poem, posted it, then months later--
realize that the poem was not really finished--and you are unhappy with it---well, is it taboo to go back and add another verse?
I realized ,after reading my old notes for the Poem "Wilsons Grave" --that I left off
the MOST important verse...Thanks, Peace...Jul:cry:

Bishop
July 18th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't think so. Just edit the original post, or repost it? I doubt anyone where would mind at all! :D

I mean, isn't that the idea of workshopping? To make things better?

Firemajic
July 18th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I don't know if the poem will be better--but it Will be finished...{LOL}
Thank you so much for your help. Peace...Jul

Nickleby
July 18th, 2014, 11:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with reviving an old thread, as long as the new post is relevant. Adding a bit to your own poem sounds totally relevant to me.

Firemajic
July 18th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Oh it is relevent...I just wish I had found my old notes sooner...Thank you. Peace...Jul

aj47
July 19th, 2014, 05:10 AM
I remember the piece so *YES* update it!!!!

Greimour
July 19th, 2014, 07:14 AM
People do it all the time, you will often see threads like:

[TITLE OF OLD THREAD POSTED HERE] *Revised*

For example:

'X' Chapter 1 *Rewritten*

Just do: [POEM TITLE] *revised version*

Deafmute
July 19th, 2014, 07:24 AM
will it renew the thread though if they just edit it? If not its unlikely anyone will see the change.

Greimour
July 19th, 2014, 07:41 AM
No, but if you just edit the post and then add a comment saying: "Not a bump, just letting people know I have edited the poem." Then the new post will bump it to the new posts link and allow people to see it again. Still, people are more likely to visit a *revised* thread than one they have already commented on.

Firemajic
July 19th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone, astroannie-- I am thrilled that you remembered that poem, Thank you!
I just want that AAHHHH feeling I get, when I know that a poem is finished ...Peace...Jul