PDA

View Full Version : Various cartoons I've drawn

Fru
July 14th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Hi, I wanted to share a few of the drawings I've done - I'm not going to pretend they're 1% as good as some of the artworks I've seen in this section; drawing is just something I started to do when I couldn't sleep, and now I have a collage of them on my wall, so I thought I'd share a few.

http://pics.pof.com/dating/271/65/1yyngssvavntvpz53wuxwnrxe446219973.2.jpghttp://oi61.tinypic.com/29vckya.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2q0srgp.jpg

Sorry about the size! Thought it was going to turn out way smaller than this :(

mraven
July 19th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Nice! I especially like the spiderman/dredd one!

Greimour
July 19th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Nice! I especially like the spiderman/dredd one!

Erm, is that not Spiderman and Wolverine? >.<

I like Clark Kent one personally... but if you applied the same level of ability to the Piccolo and Cell one, I would probably like that more ^_^

~~~Edit~~~
Same level of ability was a poor choice of words. Piccolo and Cell has that "sketched whilst bored" feel, whilst Clark Kent has "Wanted to produce something good" feel.

Your ability could definitely rival the cartoon. ^_^

Fru
July 19th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys, yeah it's Wolverine. ... ... but the first one's not Clark Kent, it's Sterling Archer, from Archer:

:P

I think the Archer one, along with Spiderman etc, benefits well from the really thick, comic-y outlines, there's just something aesthetically very satisfying about it. If you like DBZ Greimour, this is one I spent more time on. (You were correct with the 'sketched while bored' deduction, although that would generally describe everything I draw.)

Greimour
July 19th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I am unfamiliar with archer :o

I was convinced it was superman due to the cleft chin and blue eyes... they totally scammed on clark kent with his design.

I only know the DB characters due to my younger brother who watched it all the time. But the cell arc I actually enjoyed myself and then ended up watching more of it such as the marjin boo arc and the Broly movies

I got addicted to mangas and such soon after and Toei Animations who I believe did DB, DBZ and DB-GT have produced quite a few of the stuff I have watched over the years. ^_^

Originally my interest all started with either Dandy or Marvel. Not sure which I started out with first :P

Fru
July 19th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, there's more than a little deliberate homage to Superman going on with Archer, fo sho.

I was never into DB or GT, but I was obsessed with DBZ. My earliest writing memory is actually writing short little 2 page-ish stories in primary school, placing me and my friends in DBZ character positions.

You can't go wrong with Marvel, really!

Greimour
July 19th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I agree with the DB and DB-GT, DBZ all the way... but I think that is because it catered to a different audience than the other two. DB was for younger kids whilst DBZ tried to keep the audience it had... once losing that audience they went to DB-GT to get a new generation of kids... ^_^

Agree also with Marvel, can't go wrong - but don't really have complaints for DC Comics either. Batman is just too awesome :P

One of my brothers is 24-ish and has a shirt that says:

"I am not saying I am batman, I am just saying no one has ever seen us together"
(or something very similar)

Makes me laugh every time I see him with it on.

Pandora
July 22nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure I could sleep with those on my wall :P truly though life like, emotion filled images, a few downright scary to me. You draw really well Fru, keep it up and sharing!

Abby
July 29th, 2014, 10:07 AM
These are great! :)

Fru
July 29th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Thanks Abby :D

Some more:

Apple Ice
July 29th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Archer is done so well, it's identical. I think he's my favourite comedy character. I like the others too