PDA

View Full Version : A Meal

Misty Mirrors
May 24th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Bob, Joe and Tom are hungry. All three have only a few dollars left in their wallet. Each one sets out to obtain a snack.

Bob goes to a cafe. He tells the staff that he owns three houses. He says that he is the manager of the local Westpac bank. Bob states that he served in the army for fifteen years. He says he had to rush to a board meeting this morning. He forgot his wallet. Bob asks the proprietor to open an account. Then Bob buys ten take-away hamburgers on credit. He takes one out of the bag for eating. He throws the remaining nine into a nearby garbage bin. *

Joe goes to a charity and asks for a hamburger. *

Tom goes to a McDonald's cafe and buys a hamburger.

Riptide
May 25th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Um... I don't really get it. The first part is cool, that paragraph. He's building himself up and then he buys so much, only to throw it away? Anyway, I don't see how they all tie in, but I am petty tired

garza
May 25th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I followed you with Bob and Joe, but with Tom you lost me.

Misty Mirrors
May 29th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Bob is a big-talking liar.
Joe is a beggar.
Tom buys an economical meal.

How can I make it more easily understood?

Riptide
May 29th, 2014, 12:10 PM
We get what they do, it's why you felt the need to tell us because none of them connect, you get me? And it's kinda uneven in the information

Misty Mirrors
May 30th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Please read my story again. I changed it. What do you think?

WechtleinUns
May 30th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Ok. I get that bob is a big talking liar, and I understand that joe is a beggar and that tom buys the economical meal. I think, however, that you don't really make it clear whose approach is better.

Misty Mirrors
May 31st, 2014, 12:39 AM
I know which one is the best for me.
Which one is the best for you?