PDA

View Full Version : Fallen angel

Abby
May 18th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I drew this over the weekend, what do you think?
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/abijones_2006/_DSC0378_zps52b7a2aa.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/abijones_2006/media/_DSC0378_zps52b7a2aa.jpg.html)

Bard_Daniel
May 18th, 2014, 07:14 PM
This is REALLY REALLY good. I commend you.

Ink? Pencil? How did you come up with the idea?

Potty
May 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I love the hands, they have an almost crows feet quality to them which just fits with the overall image.

Abby
May 18th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks! It's just regular pencil Daniel, and I drew it from a photograph on a website for free to use ref photos. I can draw from my imagination but I much prefer to have something in front of me to look at :)

Gumby
May 19th, 2014, 12:14 AM
It is fantastic, and hands are so hard to do well. You've done a good job of them. I agree with Potty that they have a claw-like quality to them that fits the image well.

escorial
May 19th, 2014, 12:18 AM
it looks like florence + the machine...brilliant

PiP
May 19th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I drew this over the weekend, what do you think?

Amazing!

Abby
May 19th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Yeah I thought that escorial, glad you all like her :)

Cran
May 19th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I think the poor girl needs some warm clothes and hot meal.

I think the detail, proportions and shading are excellent.

I think you are a very skilled artist.

I think I'm jealous.

Abby
May 19th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Lol, thanks Cran :)

AnnieAnne
May 23rd, 2014, 10:34 PM
Genius.

Abby
May 24th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Thanks! :)

GEWrock
June 30th, 2014, 03:02 AM
This is a great drawing! As others mentioned, the hands are incredible. I also love the detail on the crown. Both the image and the name create curiosity in the viewer for a backstory-- the best kind of artworks carry this trait!

Misty Mirrors
July 27th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I like the mouth.
I beg your pardon ..... I am sorry ..... I don't like the eyes. They portray relaxation. I don't think evil people are relaxed. Maybe .... pardon me ..... you are an atheist. Maybe you did it that way deliberately!
Lol.

Abby
July 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM
She's not supposed to be evil!! Anguished maybe, but not evil!

Kevin
July 27th, 2014, 01:33 PM
She's very attractive. I like her nose. Not standard. Her expression looks like she's acting; not really in anguish but in character. The hand under the chin looks like a struggle. I would find that extremely difficult without a model. Probably, with a model.

Abby
July 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Kevin I drew this using a reference photo taken by a photographer called Alex Lee Johnson (http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/profile/AlexLeeJohnson?xg_source=activity), on a website called Paint my Photo, you can see it here http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/angelic
I presume the model was acting, or trying to come across a certain way.

Pluralized
July 27th, 2014, 02:20 PM
This is an amazing drawing. Beautiful, great proportions, nothing amiss. She's not idyllic, but interesting, attractive, and feels very real. I like it.

Hope to see more of your art.

Kevin
July 27th, 2014, 02:36 PM
thanks A. I joined... very good :)

Abby
July 27th, 2014, 02:59 PM
You're welcome Kevin, and thanks Pluralized!!

Misty Mirrors
July 28th, 2014, 12:38 AM
The devil is a "fallen" angel. Are you sure the title is appropriate?
An anguished person is not relaxed. She is frightened. She has large eyes. Staring, stationary eyes.

Kevin
July 28th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I take it as metaphor...like a 'lady of the night'... she could be past anguished... beat. Looks like a photo. Looks like the photo. :)

Abby
July 28th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Misty Mirrors if you don't like it you don't have to look at it. The photograph that I worked from was entitled Angel, to me she looked troubled or lost, so I called my version Fallen Angel. I am not religious, this has no biblical connotations, it's just my interpretation of a photograph that I liked. Art is merely ones interpretation of what they see around them, your idea of anguish is obviously completely different to mine.

Misty Mirrors
July 29th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Hello Abby.
I think the drawing is very good. I like looking at it.
I think "Angel" is an appropriate title. "Fallen Angel" is not. LOL.

Gumby
July 29th, 2014, 02:29 AM
For me, I can definitely see why you call it Fallen Angel, Abby. Her expression and her body pose fits that title, for me. I didn't put a religious connotation to the name, as it doesn't seem to be a religious depiction. Perks of being the artist is that you can name your work whatever you wish. :)

Abby
July 29th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Thanks Gumby :) Misty Mirrors, I'm sorry you don't like the title but it's my creation and I will call it whatever I want to call it! Fallen can be a lot of things, she may have fallen out of love or sinned in some way, the angel part refers to her headdress, and actually checking back I see the reference photo was called Angelic. She doesn't look angelic to me, she looks like a bit of a bad girl. Just because I have called the piece 'Fallen Angel' it does not in any way refer to the Devil...if I had called her Lucifer then maybe you would have a point!!