PDA

View Full Version : A speech to the unfortunate ones

Humm
May 16th, 2014, 04:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vTfWuuSNzU

For forty-one years everything was fine. For forty-one years my father was as healthy as he could be. But he was one of those unfortunate ones. He was diagnosed with cancer. A disease that would end his adventure. They gave him four months. Four months until his adventure would come to an end. But you know what? Four months or forty years, he still smiled. Do you know why he still smiled? Because he was still alive, still together with us. His adventure was not over yet. His life was still not over. He was still here, still here with everything he ever loved. Four months will always be four months. Four months he could enjoy. Cancer was not going to stop him from smiling. Cancer was not the going to stop him from enjoying his life.

I miss him. But at least I know he ended his life as a happy man. He was not going to let anything stop him from smiling until the end. He told us even though his adventure was reaching its end, it was still not over. He was still alive, alive with us.

escorial
May 16th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Havn't looked at the video but read the piece..get the feeling the battle is more to do with the writer than the victim of the fictional piece.

Misty Mirrors
May 21st, 2014, 02:56 AM
The story is positive but repetitive.

BryanJ62
May 23rd, 2014, 02:31 PM
I like it. I agree, the opening seems to have more to do with the writer. You've done what's needed: You have my attention.