PDA

View Full Version : Press Releases (Give me your list!)

Potty
May 16th, 2014, 01:34 PM
So another aspect of self publishing I'm learning lots about and getting into a right old confuddle with... Press Releases. I'm wanting to send out a massive email thing alerting potential reviewers etc of my book. The problem I have is finding a list of email addresses I can contact! I'm just sat here trying to think of all the news papers etc that I know of.

Is there an easier way of finding a list of emails addys I can mail shot this out too?

Also, what do you think to my press release. Never done one before so not really sure if I'm barking up the right tree... trying to play on the whole care home scandal thing as much as possible as that is likely what will hook most of my readers.

---------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cattle Market
by Steven M Hawley
Mob number
Landline number
Email addy.

Hot on the heels of the BBC Panorama's Behind Closed Doors investigation, Steven M Hawley from Shipston-On-Stour, England, gives an account of what working in a Care Home can be like with his debut novelette Cattle Market.

Steven started work in the UK's care industry before it justifiably got a bad reputation. He no longer takes pride in his job title. Many of the experiences within Cattle Market are fictionalised accounts of his time working in care.

With NHS trusts and private care homes cutting wages, staffing levels are short. Only the disinterested seem to be joining the care industry's ranks. Cattle Market shows the type of personnel you can expect to find working in a care home which will worsen if carers are continued to be valued at nothing.

<A link or cover image or both here>

dvspec
May 17th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I hope you don't mind, I hijacked this. I have not read your story, but I have written a few press releases. The thing to remember is that Editors and Reporters are lazy and on a nasty time budget, but mostly lazy. You need to write the release as it would appear in the paper. Headline and all, 'cause they're lazy. lol

Feel free to change whatever you want. I am assuming the Home Care industry over there is like the Nursing Home Industry over here. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Local Writer Releases Book About Working in Substandard Home Care Industry

Shipton-On-Stour, GB - Hot on the heels of the BBC's Panoramas Behind Closed Doors investigation of the Home Care industry and after <#> years working in Care Homes, author Steven M. Hawley of Shipston-On-Stour, has released a book about his experiences.

'Cattle Market' addresses the difficult subject of poor care in the Home Care setting. 'With NHS trusts and private care homes cutting wages, staffing levels are short. Only the disinterested or incompetent seem to be hired,' Hawley said, in a recent interview.

'Cattle Market' features true stories from years working in the industry. Names and facts have been changed to protect Hawley, but they are based on <# years> of watching the care of our elderly decline dramatically.

Find out how your grandmum and granddad will be treated in a Home Care facility and read 'Cattle Market'.

'Cattle Market' is available at <Tell where and how here. Web links and such are acceptable. >

---3--<Mark of someone who knows what they are doing. Shows this is the end of info for publishing>

For more information please contact
Steven M. Hawley
Mob number
Landline number
Email addy.

Now for the particulars and whys. England is different with punctuation and such so check this against my Americanization.

<Date>

Local Writer Releases Book About Working in Substandard Home Care Industry <Use this as your subject in email PRs. and I would leave it in the body as well. Easy copy and paste.>

Shipton-On-Stour, GB - <Check your local paper to see how they plug the location in here.> Hot on the heels of the BBC's Panoramas Behind Closed Doors<I think this need some quotes or underlined or something since it is a title. Check that and how your title should be marked. I have marked it as I believe we do across the pond.> investigation of the Home Care industry and after <#> years working in Care Homes, author Steven M. Hawley of Shipston-On-Stour, has released a book about his experiences.

'Cattle Market' addresses the difficult subject of poor care in the Home Care setting. <not sure that should be caps, but you check it, cause I'm lazy, too.> 'With NHS trusts and private care homes cutting wages, staffing levels are short. Only the disinterested or incompetent seem to be hired,' Hawley said, in a recent interview. <Didn't know you gave an interview did you? Well, I just did it.>

'Cattle Market' features true stories from working in the industry. Names and facts have been changed to protect Hawley, <Oh, my there is some scandal and gossip.>but they are based on <# years> of watching the care of our elderly decline dramatically.

Find out how your grandmum and granddad will be treated in a Home Care facility and read 'Cattle Market'. <This makes it personal.>

'Cattle Market' is available at <Tell where and how here. Web links and such are acceptable. If they can't find it, they won't read it.>

---3---<Mark of someone who knows what they are doing. Shows this is the end of info for publishing>

For more information please contact
Steven M. Hawley
Mob number
Landline number
Email addy.