PDA

View Full Version : Balloons

belthagor
April 30th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I remember when I was in high school. After some time passed, the seniors had to take very important tests for about a week. There had to be three teachers in each testing room minimum. It was all very serious, the rooms even had papers on them with print reading "Testing in progress, do not disturb". Even though most of the adults were busy, my class, and several others, still had to go to school. We had multiple free periods throughout the day, so we hung out in the classrooms, or in the halls.
I was speaking to some of my friends, and there were two rooms near us. One of the rooms was a testing room, specifically for math testing. The other room which was close by was sort of like a daycare, it was for little kids who's parents had no other place to stay watched while they worked, there was no learning in it really, just important monitoring. Anyway, during our conversation a young child walked out of the daycare, un-noticed by the adult who was working in that room. He was sneaky, and he apparently wanted a balloon, because he asked my friend, Dave, for one. My friend apologized saying "No, I don't have any balloons". Afterwards the kid was bored and was about to leave off into the staircase, and my more vile friend, Josh, said "Hey kid, do you want like... Lots of balloons? They have ONE HUNDRED BALLOONS over here..." The kid turned around quickly, and asked where. "In that room that says -Do not disturb- over here near us." The kid, being too young to know what the words "do not disturb" mean, boldly opened the door, took two steps in, and loudly said "Ballooooon!" Fortunately we had already moved a bit so we would not be visible. Two more seconds passed and the whole class inside that room laughed, as the kid was angry and upset there were no balloons and we tricked him.

Fortunately no one saw us, and so everything was okay and we did not get detention.

I searched using a couple keywords and I don't believe I have posted this here before in any forum section...ever....so here you go =)

W.Goepner
May 4th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Cute belthagor,

I think you really did this. I can see it in most anyone. I also remember those days I spent roving from class to class and waiting for the day to pass. But I do not recall any daycare setting within our school.

The other room which was close by was sort of like a daycare, it was for little kids who's parents had no other place to stay watched while they worked, I think you mean for the kids to stay and be watched? Maybe?

Other than that you present a nice subtle remembrance of days gone by and it is well written.