PDA

View Full Version : Ideas from everyday life

Lilly Davidson
April 28th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Hi,
I almost got locked into a charity shop the other day at the end of the day, on a Saturday. So I wondered what could happen if nobody knew I was in there until Monday morning!

Got me to thinking. So I have written a draft of what could happen.
Decided to write about a woman left for the night in a charity shop, darkness, ghosts appear. They are haunting the objects in the place. She dies of fright and ends up haunting the place because her possessions end up being placed there too. None of the ghosts can let go of their things and pass over to the other side.
Only ideas floating around my mind really. Want to build it into something original. Not a horror, more a thriller kind of thing.

Got me to thinking about how ordinary everyday life gives you so many ideas.

I have not written anything for a year. This is exciting because the creativity is beginning to flow again.

dvspec
May 7th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Interesting story idea. Glad you didn't get locked in though. Good luck with it.

Lilly Davidson
May 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Hi,
thanks but what I have written is rubbish! I need to find a new way of looking at this situation. A lot of people have a fear at being locked in anywhere - a lift for instance. Maybe I could make it a horror.

Dave Newton
May 10th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Hi,
I liked that idea of the charity shop straight away. However, you could make it more interesting by perhaps having an object in the shop belonging to, say, your great grandad whom you didn't know as he died when you were a baby. He may give some reasons why some of the things that happened in the life of the protagonist happened. It gives it another dimension (no pun intended).

All the best with that,

Dave

Lilly Davidson
May 11th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hi Dave,
that is an interesting idea, thank you. He could appear as a ghost maybe. Many possibilities, hmm...

Holly_M
May 16th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Have you written much yet? I'd love to read it.

Lilly Davidson
May 17th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Hi Holly,
sadly no. All kinds of ideas in my head but life keeps distracting me. I am finding it very hard to find time to write. I love my solitude, I have my own study to work in. But always there is something else that MUST be done. Very frustrating.

Holly_M
May 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Hi Holly,
sadly no. All kinds of ideas in my head but life keeps distracting me. I am finding it very hard to find time to write. I love my solitude, I have my own study to work in. But always there is something else that MUST be done. Very frustrating.

I know exactly what you mean; everything MUST be done before you commence writing! It's worth it though, so I hope you find the time. The idea isn't going anywhere, so hopefully at some point you'll get to it.

I love my solitude too...so with you on that!

son_of_lockman
June 25th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Hi,
thanks but what I have written is rubbish! I need to find a new way of looking at this situation. A lot of people have a fear at being locked in anywhere - a lift for instance. Maybe I could make it a horror.

That's right, just look at it another way as it's not rubbish. You can with thought and effort make it fly. :)