PDA

View Full Version : Photography

garza
April 20th, 2014, 11:53 PM
At one time photography was a valuable part of my career as a journalist. Now photography has become what it was when I was a child - an interesting and fun hobby. Here are a few casual photos taken during this year's La Ruta Maya: Belize River Challange canoe race.
5427 5428 5429 5431
The fifth picture wasn't allowed to be uploaded. My fault. I changed my mind and deleted one so the computer saw the fifth picture as a sixth picture. As the Englishman said as he threw a shilling into the river, 'There'll be More Tomorrow', and so a village got its name.

John_O
April 21st, 2014, 01:43 AM
Very Good work Garza!

garza
April 24th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your kind comment, John. These were quick shots during the canoe race. The only one I like is the shot of my camp. I'd been promised a tent and a full kit, but that promise was not followed up with action. All I carried with was blanket and a small pillow. I know, getting soft, needing a pillow. Often enough I've slept flat on the ground with no cover of any kind. In this case the BDF (Belize Defence Force) took pity and supplied me with the bunk.

I'll have more, hopefully better, later.

edit - Just a not to point out that's a BDF lorry I'm camped next to.