PDA

View Full Version : The Lion and the Rabbit.

ViKtoricus
November 19th, 2013, 03:07 AM
There once was a Rabbit who thought himself to be the smartest creature on the planet. One day, he was hopping in the jungle when he encountered a mighty Lion, ferocious in nature, but noble and kind. The Rabbit, seeing this as an opportunity to prove the superiority of his wits, approached the Lion.

"Mighty Lion!" he said. "You use your fangs and your claws to gather food! How simplistic and lackwitted! I don't need to be as ferocious and as powerful, for my brain is enough to hunt me big game!"

"Oh?" said the Lion. "Care to put a wager on that?"

"Sure thing!" the Rabbit replied. "If I win, I will have your protection from the predators of this jungle."

"Done deal!" said the Lion. "And if I win, I will eat you for breakfast."

"It's a deal!" replied the Rabbit.

The Lion, with his mighty legs, chased after a deer and caught it quite easily. He approached the Rabbit and laid the deer in front of him. "Show me, dear Rabbit, how you can catch meat bigger and heavier than this deer."

The Rabbit then set a bear trap in the middle of a jungle. And five hours later, it caught something. It was a giant bear. It bled to death.

"Hah!" said the Rabbit. "I am the more superior hunter! Now you will protect me til I die, against the other predators of this jungle."

"No." said the Lion. "I will eat you, for you are foolish to have trusted me, and arrogant to have challenged me."

escorial
November 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM
One of the oddest pieces i have read..a rabbit in the jungle was a bit weird and the moral if there is one?...it felt like there should be.

Jeko
November 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM
This is a rather successful story, akin to a children's fable. I would only work on the wording - there is great potential for dramatic emphasis in some instances. Else, it gets to the point, deals with the point, and its climax is well thought-out, if not yet well put-across.