PDA

View Full Version : How many reviews should you write to increase exposure on Amazon?

sunaynaprasad
November 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I wrote five, but only two this year. Obviously, that isn't enough. I also could not find anything in Google to help me. What do you think should be the lowest number?

sunaynaprasad
November 19th, 2013, 02:41 AM
I saw that someone had done thirty and it sort of worked.

popsprocket
November 19th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Are you saying how many other books should you leave reviews for? Or are you asking whether or not you should write reviews for your own books and leave them there?

sunaynaprasad
November 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM
The first one. I would never write reviews for my own book.

escorial
November 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I write reviews on Amazon after I buy something, but I was wondering..what do you mean by increase exposure?

sunaynaprasad
November 19th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Awareness of my existence.

movieman
November 20th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Note that writers reviewing books similar to those they write is a violation of Amazon's terms and conditions, and reviews have been removed in the past. Many of us don't review any kind of books there any more for that reason.

sunaynaprasad
November 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I've only reviewed books I liked. The ones I have reviewed aren't so similar.

Marc
November 20th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I've never considered a connection between reviewing books and gaining exposure for my own book. Perhaps I've overlooked this strategy?

Jason
December 2nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
The strategy is it will build your digital authority within Google. It is not clear that it will help in the Amazon algorithm. My guess is at Amazon it won't hurt, but probably won't help much either. At least not until you have a LOT of reviews and rank high in their reviewer list. And even then it is not clear that there is a connection.

Because of limited resources for building complex sophisticated algorithms it probably won't have any effect on the smaller platforms such as Goodreads etc..

The reason you want digital authority with Google is it will make your author platform on you website and Facebook pages stronger. From what I understand, to be successful with this, your written works, to include your reviews, need to include the keywords you are trying to rank for. For example: I want to rank in Google and Amazon for "teaching methods". It would probably be a stretch to put "teaching methods" in a review on a women's erotica book or a suspense thriller.