PDA

View Full Version : EditMinion - Free Online Editing Tool

Kyle R
October 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
While it's no replacement for human editing, this free, easy-to-use online edit-box has helped me find the most common slip-ups in my WiP.

I don't recommend treating all the highlighted portions of your writing as automatic "errors". It's better to look at them and ask yourself if you want to change them.

Think of EditMinion as a helpful little critter that goes through your words and points some out to you, raising its shoulders in a shrug, as if to say, "How about this? Do you like it, or do you want to change it?"

Feel free to yell at the little monster and say, "Yes, I like it. It stays!" as much as you want. It is, after all, your writing.

But, I bet you'll come across a few highlights that you'll be grateful for.

Give it a try! Hope it helps. :encouragement:

http://editminion.com/

WordTrance
January 22nd, 2014, 05:02 AM
Hey,
Very awesome and inventive program. There's definitely a lot of potential there. Thanks for the heads up!

T.S.Bowman
February 8th, 2014, 07:43 AM
I am definitely going to give this one a try.

thanks. :-)

J Anfinson
February 8th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I just pantsed a few paragraphs and it came up all green. Look out, all you agents. Here I come.:wink:

T.S.Bowman
February 9th, 2014, 05:57 AM
I just pantsed a few paragraphs and it came up all green. Look out, all you agents. Here I come.:wink:

Oh that's pretty doggone funny. LOL

I can imagine it'll probably do something similar for me.

T.S.Bowman
February 9th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Well now..I took a random paragraph from my novel and plugged it into the program and the results were pretty interesting. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it might be. There were a few "weak words" and a few spots of "passive voice" (which is something I struggle with anyway), but there wasn't as much green as I had expected.

I really like this program. Thanks for letting us know about it. :-)

Hitotsmami
February 22nd, 2014, 03:59 AM
Wow, I didn't know something like this existed! I will definitely use this to assist me when editing. Thanks for the link!

PaulJL
June 12th, 2018, 11:54 PM
I ran my novel through editminion and there's a lot of work to do. However, when I tried to print it, the highlighting was missing. Is there a way to print or export it with the corrections intact?