PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a Pharaoh Photo-Manipulation

Tyrannohotep
September 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/255/6/c/live_action_sekhotep_by_brandonspilcher-d6lzbbb.png
This is a photo-manipulation I created using Pharaoh Tutankhamun's famous sarcophagus mask and the beautiful Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong'o (who has a role in the upcoming movie 12 Years a Slave). I intended this to represent a character from my own imagination, but now that I think about it, it could pass off as a portrait of one of the historical female Pharaohs of ancient Egypt (e.g. Hatshepsut or Sobekneferu). I had some trouble recoloring the sarcophagus mask's ears to match Lupita's skin tone but I like how everything else came out.

Gumby
September 12th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Nice! I probably wouldn't have noticed the ears if you hadn't pointed it out. :)

Trilby
September 13th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I like it. I agree with Gumby, I too wouldn't have noticed the ears if you had not brought attention to them.

I would have given you a 'like' but the option is not there to do so.

Tyrannohotep
September 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I like it. I agree with Gumby, I too wouldn't have noticed the ears if you had not brought attention to them.

I would have given you a 'like' but the option is not there to do so.
You can add to a user's reputation by clicking on the dark star symbol that appears on the bottom of posts next to "Blog this Post", I believe.

godofwine
September 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM
lol, I noticed the ears right away. I still love it, though.