PDA

View Full Version : New films just came back from processing.

BreakingMyself
August 16th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Just got a couple of films back from processing and though I'd upload a few of the pics as promised.

If anyone in the UK is interested, ASDA still offer a service, only 2.50 per colour film (no B&W service :sad:) to develop and scan to a CD for you, they take redscale without any quibbles too.

As previously stated, I don't photoshop these, what you see is what is on the films.

BreakingMyself
August 16th, 2013, 08:47 PM
A dodgy one of me for good measure...

John_O
August 17th, 2013, 02:23 AM
I think thats the one big drawback to digital/ photoshop, "Meh, I'll fix it in photoshop" We have forgotton good camera skills. Within the first year of photography I was shooting slide film (Kodachrome 64 was my favorite) As anyone who shot this type film knows you had maybe 1/3 of a stop + - help from the lab. So you had better been spot on with your exposure when you hit the shutter!! Anybody still use the
" Sunny F/16 rule" ?

BreakingMyself
August 17th, 2013, 11:35 PM
I think it was the film that made the colours pop. Ektar 100 for all of these, excluding the one shot through the bushes, which was regular Kodak Gold 400.

I didn't request any push/pull with developing, although it is ASDA (UKs Walmart) so they aren't exactly proffesionals, maybe they made an error if my favour on this one.

I never use any editing software for my photography, the only time anything gets 'edited' is flipping diy redscale photos to cancel out the mirrored effect, even then it's only if I have to. I quite the like signs to read back to front!

escorial
August 17th, 2013, 11:39 PM
I found the first picture quite amusing...red and blue...could there be to opposing bitter football fans living next to each other.

BreakingMyself
August 17th, 2013, 11:48 PM
I found the first picture quite amusing...red and blue...could there be to opposing bitter football fans living next to each other.

Liverpool and Chelsea :D

escorial
August 17th, 2013, 11:51 PM
ha....I just get this mental picture of them both watching on their sky dishes and shouting out the window...a picture can say so much..well done.

John_O
August 18th, 2013, 12:30 AM
I didn't request any push/pull with developing
Boy does that phrase being back memories!!