PDA

View Full Version : The BookStore Prizes of Choice So Far

Cran
August 16th, 2013, 04:20 PM
There was a time in the dim, dark past - around February or March 2013 - when I was staring glassy-eyed at nothing in particular, which seems to happen after a truckload of fresh pizza washed down with whatever bottle I can reach, and entertaining thoughts of what I could do for forum members (which is a far cry from the thoughts I used to entertain, but that's another story).

Out of the mental mist approached one of those two-birds-one-stone ideas - a way to give something practical to selected members, and to show support to our published authors: BookStore prizes! OK, it wasn't a vision of loveliness swathed in gossamer and surrounded cherubs playing harps and shooting arrows, but it seemed to me something worth investing in.

Fast forward to now, which is ... hang on, let me check ... mid August 2013, and it occurred to me that members might like to know which books have been picked by our various BookStore prize winners so far. The following is the list of chosen titles and their authors to date; I've made no distinction between single and multiple choices, nor in any chronological order.

Enter the Wolf (Tales of the Wolf - Book 2) by A.E. McCullough

Catalina by Danny Fahey

The Unrelenting, Unnerving Life of Pinocchio by Danny Fahey

Underneath: Short Tales of Horror and the Supernatural by Dan H DeWitt

Dereliction of Duty by Dan McKeown

A Read for the Train by Olly Buckle

Legacy of Aaron Geist by Terry Durbin

Chase by Terry Durbin

Lewdog
August 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Nice! Seems like a wide variety of genres. It's not surprising given the arguments...err discussions that take place here.

Gumby
August 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Our members have good taste. :)

Lewdog
August 16th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Our members have good taste. :)

Yes, if only someone would invent book flavored gum, I bet you would be in heaven!

:cookie:

Skodt
August 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Catalina is sitting on my desk. It is next in my cue to read. I just received it in the mail. It is a hard choice picking your prize. I warn anyone else who gets a chance, it's tough to decided between the hard work of those on this board.

Lewdog
August 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Catalina is sitting on my desk. It is next in my cue to read. I just received it in the mail. It is a hard choice picking your prize. I warn anyone else who gets a chance, it's tough to decided between the hard work of those on this board.

There is a comment to be made about this post, but I am using my upper most restraint not to say it! :lol:

Of course you know I'n kidding. :)

Skodt
August 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
^ I am confused. What is to be said about it?:concern:

ffslogin
August 23rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
I liked chase. A nice suspenseful read to ensure that I stay awake reading for far to long.

Terry D
August 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
I liked chase. A nice suspenseful read to ensure that I stay awake reading for far to long.

Thank you.:thumbl:

Trilby
August 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
^ I am confused. What is to be said about it?:concern:

I've looked at the previous post and it took me a while, but I think it could have something to do with the fact that the wrong word was used for Queue - cue.

Lewdog
August 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I've looked at the previous post and it took me a while, but I think it could have something to do with the fact that the wrong word was used for Queue - cue.

Maybe he uses his books to play billiards. :icon_cheesygrin:

Cran
September 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
New Addition to the list:

The Unrelenting, Unnerving Life of Pinocchio by Danny Fahey