PDA

View Full Version : Animated "Inkwell Machine" Logo

InkwellMachine
July 20th, 2013, 03:44 AM
I spent the day animating this loop to be used in the introductions for the videos I'll be making next year. Not the most amazing quality, but decent for a first attempt I'd say. Click here (http://coughin05.deviantart.com/art/Inkwell-Machine-Intro-animated-386696068) to view the image--it's animated so I can't post it on this thread.

Pluralized
July 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM
That's pretty good, and very unique. Can I ask how you created that, or what kind of software you're using?

Gargh
July 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I really like it but I'm not sure the lettering is quite right. The C looks like a bit like a G and I think it could all, perhaps, be a little darker or maybe accentuated with some ink splatters behind, or some shading? Something to just make it pop out a little bit more and underpin the idea of it being hammered into metal.

InkwellMachine
July 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
That's pretty good, and very unique. Can I ask how you created that, or what kind of software you're using?I used Adobe Flash and a little bit of Photoshop for this. If you do try out flash, I recommend doing all your graphics in photoshop and then importing them--I made the mistake of trying to do all the graphics in flash while making this image. It probably took five hours longer than it should have because of that.

I really like it but I'm not sure the lettering is quite right. The C looks like a bit like a G and I think it could all, perhaps, be a little darker or maybe accentuated with some ink splatters behind, or some shading? Something to just make it pop out a little bit more and underpin the idea of it being hammered into metal.I agree that it could be a lot better. What you can do in Flash graphically is pretty limited, though--you can't even mirror images horizontally, which is completely ridiculous considering the type of work you're typically doing in flash. As far as the text goes, I can't change the way any of the letters look, because I can't erase individual pieces of text--it's not a regular set of strokes. I could add some ink splatters and such, and I think I will whenever I decide to remake the image.