PDA

View Full Version : Consecutive Posts

Ipseity
July 15th, 2013, 03:53 AM
This is not a post produced by me - it's a post attributed to me, composed of separate posts of mine addressed to different people. I've never had my own posts 're-arranged' by another person, and I'm astounded that it should occur in a forum dedicated to writing and creativity. The motivation - four consecutive posts without other user input - translates into being unable to answer all posts addressed to me, unless I sit by my computer 24/7 waiting for a post, replying, then waiting for the next; something which I do not intend doing.

Cran
July 15th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Rubbish. All of our active members (aged from 13 to over 80) can correctly respond to multiple replies in a thread or discussion when visiting once a day, or even less frequently; it's not a difficult skill to acquire. Consecutive posts without other user input is called bumping, and is frowned upon in almost every forum on the net. If you've never had your writing rearranged by another person, then you've never met an editor. In this case, the rearrangement was made to conform with standard forum practice (netiquette), and to save you from an infraction for bumping.

Kehawin
July 15th, 2013, 05:03 AM
You'll get the hang of the forum, don't be put off.

The trick to composing one message that addresses multiple posts is simple cut and paste.

If you want to have the other person's reply in a blue box (not necessary, but keeps it cleaner looking) you start the quote with a bracket ([) the word "Quote" next, then, end bracket (]). Place the copied and pasted words, then use a bracket, place "/Quote" then use an end bracket. When you hit post, it will show up in a blue box.

Forum moderators generally try and keep things looking clean. Again, don't take offense (I am not one, but have a lot of experience in forums), and oh, by the way, welcome!

Hope your initial experience didn't sour you on this site, it's not so bad!