PDA

View Full Version : Boomer (slight content)

Mieksta
July 1st, 2013, 10:35 PM
Sorry for the absence but here's a story that I'm building.
Most of my company knows me as Boomer. The ruder members call me P.E. Alway behind my back. There's along story behind them both. I like telling the Boomer one much more. Let's start with the bad. I like ending on a good note.
As you may or may not have guessed P.E. stands for premature ejaculation. Now, before you get any ideas, you need to know that I'm a mech pilot. I got the nickname because in the first 6-months of my career I'd been ejected from my mech 37 times. It takes most guys 2 or 3 years to get those types of numbers.
I haven't been ejected since. The cook said I got all mine out prematurely. Premature ejections is what he called them. Then someone just had to be a funny guy. They changed ejection with you know what and the name stuck.

Folcro
July 2nd, 2013, 03:22 AM
A mech-based story is a good way to start with an action scene. Might be a challenge to do it in a way that's not too Michael Bay-ish. How into this are you? Do you have your own system for how mechs work, or is it in the tradition of another? Any plot/ setting details you can share?

Mieksta
July 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
I was thinking of starting with an action scene, but it seemed a bit cliché. I have a lot of the technical stuff worked out, it's been plot and style that've been killing me.

shinyford
July 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
I have to ask: what's a mech?

For the benefit of ignorami such as I, you may want to find a way to explain the context (subtly, so it doesn't intrude too much for those who know).

Folcro
July 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
I was thinking of starting with an action scene, but it seemed a bit cliché. I have a lot of the technical stuff worked out, it's been plot and style that've been killing me.

The only time you should worry about a cliche is the manner in which you pitch your story to the masses. Aside from that, don't let worrying about cliche get in the way of an entertaining tale. Besides, to say starting with action is cliche can be unfair to yourself. It's all in how you do it. I'm sure you can think of something no one has quite done before.

Mieksta
July 2nd, 2013, 11:07 PM
A mech is a piloted robot.
Yeah you're right Folcro. A good story no matter how cliche some may see it is better than a bad one. The action is coming up by the way :D